In Hand Compass

Edg3k

Hey all.

Ive been replaying Skyrim again since Dragonborn came out and I'm using SkyUI and loving it, really immersive BUT my only issue is, the compass. Your running around and hit the x key to show a compass floating magically above your head, that might work in modern games but glasses have HUD on them (ie google glasses) but not in fantasy.

So my request is this, an equip-able compass. It doesnt need quest markers or locations, just a working needle that shows direction. Any chance anyone could make this? It'd be easy using Dwemer parts to create it ingame.

If anyone wants to try please let me know, I'd be happy to give a hand, but I have 0 knowledge of Nifskope or getting models into the game unfortunately.

I started thinking about it alot more today when I was running around tapping the x button to see where the hell I was. If I had to stop and take out a compass while it takes up more time, its a little more realistic.

• 2 months later...

well it would be kindof easy to do, theres already an aniation in game where the npcs look down at their tankard while holding it in their hand

1. Take a tankard, remove the handle and make it slimmer, add a compass looking top to it so it doenst look like a cup anymore but rather a cylinder compass, retexture it dwemer

so it look kindof like this without the handle (or the fancy engravings) http://www.darwincountry.org/assets/userfiles/index.php?GetFile=/assets/userfiles/large/sy3982.jpg

2. make a script where whenever you push the key to bring up your HUD the player pulls out the dwemer compass, animation plays where they look down at the tankard(compass)

3. overhead HUD compass comes up for you to see, pressing the button again will put away both compasses

Edited by nightinglae850