Tes5Edit, Mod Organizer 2 and McAfee

I started modding Skyrim SE using Mod Organizer2 and tried to add SSEEditQuickAutoClean and Tes5Edit. When I click on either program in MO2, it says the program cannot be launched, probably because my antivirus, McAfee Total Protection, has blocked it. I have added all the exe's to my scanning exclusion list, including the uvsfproxy file, but it still won't work, as shown in the attached png file.

There is no way to add a whole folder to the exclusion list so is there any any way to get around it without uninstalling McAfee and just running Defender, or will the same problem happen with Defender? Or does any other antivirus allow folder exclusions, perhaps Bitdefender?

You need to go into your anitvirus and add tessedit, tesseditauocleaner and MO2 to your exceptionlist of programs your trust.. otherwise this will happen every time.

It is also more than likely that your antivirus has removed some aspects of those programs, so you may need to reinstall the programs then add them to your exceptionlist before you try to work with them.

PS: adding them to your "scanning exceptionlist" is not the same as your "general exceptionlist".. with the scanning exception list those programs will only be ignored during a SYSTEMSCAN, but not when your try to use them.