Majorshepard

I need help getting information about this and thought best to ask here, as it doesn't seem available anywhere with an actual forum or something: If I swap to Nemesis will it work for every mod that requires FNIS to run? Or will I need to do a complete mod clear of things that require it? Which are quite a few.

I want to be fully informed before I make any sort of decision as I was going to just keep using FNIS and use mods that use Nemesis in a limited capacity, but after learning the creator has left its making me consider switching. FNIS will rapidly start to break/not work as it required almost constant updates for updates/new releases of other mods. Its fine as is now but at some point it will just not work anymore.

I have been trying to find out myself but I keep hearing conflicting things about whether the mod works out the box with everything or it doesn't work with FNIS required mods. So any people that have switched over and know if it does or not, or just experienced modders that can easily tell, please let me know! Much appreciate :D

A quick update: So from where I've asked other areas that have responded it sounds like it does? Something about it creating a FNIS esp so they do work it also has a feature where it auto-updates itself unlike FNIS where you have to generate itself each time there's an update to a mod it uses. Interesting, I might try it out and just see if it does but if anyone can give more info before I do it's welcome ^-^

Nemesis is a "newer" FNIS-PCEA mod.

Its smoother in transitioning Dynamic Animation Replacer mods. One less click for the PCEA feature to get it to work (no need to click "update FNIS" in MCM menu). Also allows for 20 custom animation folders (PCEA) instead of FNIS's 10.

Aside from that it works like FNIS. Difference is mainly in how you install new animations or poser packs. Like FNIS if you install new animation mods or PCEA animations you'll need to update it like FNIS. Poser packs take an extra step but nothing too taxing.

Nemesis is compaitable with 99% of animation mods. The 1% is certain NSFW animation mods.

All in all, I'd recommend it!

Good to know, thanks! I decided to try it out and so far it seems to work perfectly fine in place of FNIS, which is a relief. If anything does come up I'll update here :D

Edited by Majorshepard

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there,

I hoped to find another question of mine to be answered here before I state it. But since the initial question has been answered in a satisfying manner I recognized that there are no more post to expect in this thread.

So I decided to place another 2 questions right below the above :D

Is it safe to switch from FNIS to NEMESIS on a full modded Skyrim SE (including already generated FNIS behaviors and files) or do I have to do some preparations?

Does NEMESIS support creature animations?

Ty in advance. :smile:

Edited by Kaskari

"Is it safe to switch from FNIS to NEMESIS on a full modded Skyrim SE (including already generated FNIS behaviors and files) or do I have to do some preparations?

Does NEMESIS support creature animations?"

As far as I know, yes. Since Nemesis generates an FNIS plugin for any mods that need it, it should work mid game since they are more or less the same thing (animations).

As for creature animations, sadly no, those fall under the 1% of NSFW mods that don't work with it. I read somewhere mod author doesn't want that sorta stuff used with his mod. But I get the sneaking suspicion people just need to throw lots of patreon money at him.

Thank you for the - I didn't expect such a fast - reply. :)

Unfortunately creature animation are not just 1% of the animation packs I know. (in numbers of animation assets and not all of them are nsfw) x)

I lately came across another question. I read that NEMESIS has some difficulties with poser mods. But the thread which dealt about this topic was more than 6 months old. Is this still an issue?

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I suppose this may be more of an installation question and about vortex, however I wasn't able to find a proper guide yet for my odd problem.

I'm kind of a noob at modding and was curious if anyone knew how to smoothly switch from FNIS to Nemesis? I've tried before and accidentally wound up destroying my Skyrim data, so I thought it would be a good Idea to ask for some help.

Mainly, my problem is that I'm not sure what to do with FNIS if I install Nemesis as a vortex tool, I'm not certain if I should find a way to remove FNIS completely from my Vortex app and computer, or just leave it alone. My goal is to make Nemesis my new go-to animation engine for my Skyrim rather then FNIS, however I'm not sure how to tell Vortex that, otherwise when I run Nemesis and FNIS is still installed, Vortex gives me popups to run FNIS instead and my animations break.

Also, I'm not sure if it matters or not, but I was confused about Nemesis PCEA as well. I've read some talk about it, but don't exactly know what a PCEA is or does?

If anyone has any advice or information on how to switch, that would be awsome.

Thank you for your help :D