Strange Body Texture Bug

RazzTheSpazz

I'm having some trouble figuring out the cause of a certain bug I've encountered. The texture for default race bodies (African American, Asian, Caucasian, Hispanic) aren't working for some reason! The models totally disregard the texture they're meant to use and instead slap on default textures (from somewhere I can't find) with black boxers painted onto the pelvis. I've experimented with several meshes (breeze, Roberts, and Improved Vanilla, in addition to their nude models as well) in an attempt to troubleshoot it and they all have the same issue by using this mystery texture. On top of that, even armors and clothing are somehow pulling up this texture! I've also tried using different "upperbodymale" textures, reducing resolutions, changing the texture file location through Nifscope, editing uv mapping, and disabling all plugins to see if an .esp or .esm are causing it to do this, but I'm completely stumped. In Nifscope, the texture I want to use shows up perfectly fine. It's as if there's nothing I can do! I should also mention that any other races seem to be working fine. Raider textures (m/f), female, ghouls (m/f), tribals, and marked men all show up properly. It isn't game breaking since I use models with underwear, it does cause issues with meshes I've set for things like armors and clothing (prostitute, raider, and sleepwear clothing for example). If someone could help me figure it out I'd be extremely grateful, I've been working on this off and on for like 3 days now.

If the game is installed in "Program Files", the Windows User Account Control will prevent any changes to be made the the game files.

Anytime you make any changes to any textures, you must toggle (turn off/turn on) Archive Invalidation. All the modern mod managers have Archive Invalidation built in.

I am sure you can find a solution in this wiki: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Fallout_New_Vegas

Thanks for the response, I neglected to say that I actually do use archive invalidation. I've done it through NMM and FOMM so I don't believe it to be the cause of the problem since all other custom textures show up normally. It really makes no sense to me as I believe I've covered nearly all my bases with the issue. I'm going to try and remove some things from the game files to see if I simply overloaded the game with too many hi poly meshes/hi res textures. Probably not the issue but worth a shot, It's an old game.

"Black bands", particularly around the genitals of "nude body" mods, are usually the result of poorly UV mapped textures used with a particular mesh. Please see the 'Issue: Find the source mod-index of an object in-game' entry; and the 'Issue: Body Replacer - Custom Body Types' and related 'Body Replacer -' entries under the 'Solutions to Graphics problems' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article.

By default, the game looks for files in the various BSA files. "ArchiveInvalidation (AI)" tells the engine to first check for "loose files" located in the appropriate "Data" subfolders. Sometimes you need to "toggle" AI so the engine updates it's list of which files are "loose".

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

Hey everyone, I appreciate you trying to help me! unfortunately I wound up caving from frustration and did a clean install, so the bug is non existent now. I'll have to do a lot of work in the geck to get everything back the way I liked it, but modding is oddly the best part for me anyways lol. Again thank you all, it was warming to have responses so quick