TL;DR:

A mod that would not change the race of the player once becoming vampire (form [insert race here] to PlayerRace), but still have all the abilities and visible changes as if they did.

(details below)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I find that when I become a vampire, either by player.setrace (insert race here)racevampire or actually getting vampire sanguinis and waiting three days, I notice three things:

1. On my Khajiit, her face becomes EXTREMELY pale, to the point of white fur and does not match her coat at all.

~~~~~Ok, annoying, but easily fixed with a mod that prevents the change in color, like with the AZ Argonian Khajiit Vampire No Color Change: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30386

2. Some mod items glitch out and appear differently.

~~~~~Quite annoying because I really like the look of this necklace from Monk Prayer Beads: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30244 and no matter what I tried (save/reload, take off/put on items, disable mods. etc, etc, etc...), when I was a vampire those weren't showing up and the Amulet of Arkay instead showed. Couldn't see any fix to this until recently, which is explained in the next point, which is the root of this evil...

3. Becoming a vampire CHANGES YOUR RACE.

~~~~~This is what I found to be the source of the problems I have been having with my character. Before I became a vampire, going into showracemenu in console commands, my race said Khajiit, but after, I found that my race had become "PlayerRace". I don't know too much about modding (only just now started myself, testing out retextures for my use), but I'm guessing that the mods that aren't being registered for the vampire race is because they haven't been set up that way.

My best guess as to a solution to this problem is this: when becoming a vampire, it DOES NOT change the race of your character to be a vampire, but it triggers (something) that would then alter your character in appearance, abilities, faction, active effects, etc., so that they are essentially a vampire, without the funky race change. This means that also the necromage perk would work as well (one of the main reasons I still am a vampire)

I do not know how difficult such a mod might be to produce (again, I only JUST started), though I think that this will clear up allot of confusion for the vampire characters.

Also, some variations of this mod probably would include versions for Dawnguard (obviously), no color change for argonians/khajiits, and others that people might think up.

Would be GREATLY appreciated.

-manga77