Can't mine ore or anything

dharvinia

I just realised that I am unable to mine any ore. Ever since I loaded the DLC dragonborn, when I say mine ore, it goes to third person pauses for awhile then return, no ore mined. This is in addition to the "float" command that will not work in the Mushroom home I had no problem prior to that.

I have upgraded FNIS as requested, but nothing changed.

Another thing which may not be related, my BAT files cause the game to crash.

If I run the commands one at a time everything is OK? :dry:

as I read through the forum I see no mention of this problem, so I assume it isn't very common.

Yep I found the same thing with mining, don't know if it's a bug or it's meant to be that way now, it's "changed" so that you must now equip a pick axe and fight with the ore vein lol

The float in the mushroom house is bugged, just doesn't work far as I can tell (it is actually a common problem), thing to do is go in there and face a wall so nothing else is in view, open your console with ` and type tcl then hit return, come out of console and look straight up and move forwards and you'll go up into the top room (tcl turns collision off so you move through things), once you get up there you can either go back into console and type tcl again to turn collision back on and do what you need to up there, or you can leave it off, talk to the people, get the quests and "fly" back down the tube, then turn collision back on once you get to the bottom. Just remember that if you do turn collision back on when you're up the top, you need to turn it off again before you go back down, it's a long fall otherwise lol

Nat

• 2 years later...

I had the same problem... its definitely a bug. Thanks for pinpointing which mod caused it. :/ I had dragonborn installed for ages, but it wasn't until I actually went to Solstheim that I suddenly couldn't mine any ore, clay, or stone, anywhere, unless I equip a pickaxe and physically attack the vein.

I will try messing with DB DLC to try and fix this... :/ Unfortunately my save from before I visited Solstheim is way back. :sad:

Edited by kichigaikikyokagome

• 2 months later...

I've just experienced same bug.I couldn't use enchanter/mine/use tanning rack.I have an adult mod from certain site,that worked fine,and out of the sudden, right before animation,started to freeze my game.I disabled it,and enabled again in MCM menu.After I tried using enchanter,and it was working fine,so I checked out local mine,to do some digging,and it seems,that all works as normal.

Maybe for some of you solution will be as simple,as for me.

Evidentally those adult mods break the game in more ways than one. Thats what you get for taking the aspect of "fantasy" too far ;)

• 5 years later...

@SMB92 Sounds more like a modding skyrim breaks the game. That is what you get for modding skyrim type comment.

In actual fact, conflicts can break the game. If you don't resolve the conflicts in your load order, bad things can happen, regardless of the type of mod.