**Problem!** "This save relies on content that is no longer present..."

mmd6449

Can you see your save inside Vortex under the save games tab? If so, double click on it and scroll the info panel to the bottom to see the list of plugins.

In my example, you can see that I'm missing "LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm" as it's highlighted orange. Do you have any plugins labelled like this for that save?

ogKc4FD.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never Mind, I missed Picky's post

Installing WryeBash could easily let you know what's missing from your saves.

Download WryeBash 307 STANDALONE EXE version from the Skyrim section of nexus mods

double click on the File you downloaded named "Wrye Bash 307 - Standalone Executable - 1840 - 307 - 1600255925.7z"

Inside the 7z file you'll see a folder named MOPY

Drag that to your Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ folder

Navigate to the Mopy folder and double click the "Wrye Bash.exe", once wryebash determines which game you're using it for, click on Skyrim, and wait until Wryebash is done.

Then click on the SAVE GAMES tab, there should be a list of your save games.

Click on a save game, and in a small window on the right, will be an entire list of the ESPs, DLC, Mods that the save game was saved with.

Where do you have Skyrim Installed?

Do you run it with Steam?

How old is your copy of Skyrim?
Because it sounds like it's not Legendary Edition, because Skyrim LE it comes with all three DLC, and you're saying you only installed ONE.
How is that possible?
I'm confused

Maybe you need to update it

Send me one of your savegames, I'm reinstalling Skyrim so I can open it up with Wrye Bash

Try this, load up one of your save games, ignore the Warning, and see if the game loads, if the game loads, start playing, and check to see if anything like textures, meshes etc are missing, save the game to a DIFFERENT SLOT.

Now, try and load the new save you just made, do you still get the warning?

I tried loading my last save and, instead of loading into Darkfall Passage like it was supposed to, it loads into The Sleeping Giant Inn in Riverwood. Additionally, the last few Dawnguard quests that I completed no longer appear in my list of completed quests and the map markers for Fort Dawnguard and Castle Volkihar are no longer visible. I think what it's doing is loading me into my last save prior to installing the Dawnguard DLC, but I could very well be wrong. Somehow or another, I think Dawnguard is just no longer being recognized.

Where do you have Skyrim Installed?

My default Steam directory:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim

Do you run it with Steam?

Yup, I do.

How old is your copy of Skyrim?

It's version 1.9.32.0.8. Not sure if that's current or not but Steam is set to automatically check for updates prior to loading the game.

Because it sounds like it's not Legendary Edition, because Skyrim LE it comes with all three DLC, and you're saying you only installed ONE.

Like I said, I'm running Standard Edition + Dawnguard.

Send me one of your savegames, I'm reinstalling Skyrim so I can open it up with Wrye Bash

How would I go about that? Does this website allow for file attachments via Private Message or would I have to email it to you?

Edited by mmd6449

try file dropper

https://www.filedropper.com

and pm the link you're given when you upload the save game

Alright, link has been sent. Let me know if you're able to figure anything out.

Double checking here,

So, the save game you sent me, is one you haven't loaded and saved, correct?

This game is one of the ones that gives the error?

Because if you loaded and saved it, and then sent it to me, then it's going to report that it's fine