SKSE64 seems to be installed correctly, but will not be detected (SkyUI, Skyrim)

GrisuDrache1991
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Hello everyone!

I am not new to using mods, but there are still a lot of things I do not understand or have ever heard off.

I took a long break from playing Skyrim and when I decided to play it again, there were a lot of 'new' things going on, like Vortex, SKSE, FNIS...

After putting in hours of troubleshooting by myself with the help of guides created by this awesome community, I could still not find any issues

in the installation. My issue is with mods requiring SKSE not working. My example for this will be SkyUI since it has a useful(?) pop up message during installation.

Even though I used different resources, which were all kinda telling me the same, I found Gophers guides really useful.

There is not a lot he is NOT explaining and that is the reason for me being stuck, cause it is still not working.

I tried installing different ways:

1. Manually

Extracted the files manually to where they needed to be.

'skse64_loader.exe' working just fine. Mod installation failed.

Deinstallation: I messed up my Skyrim directory quite a bit after trying out all and everything with all the new mods that were presented to me (I have been absent for couple of years :smile:.

I decided to do a full reinstall of the game. Everything was nice and clean again.

2. Semi-Manually / Alpha / NMM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTNy9Qr2sOc)

I copied the skse64_xx files to my Skyrim Special Edition, created and .7z of the Data folders and dropped it in Vortex.

Deinstallation: Deleting skse64_xx and Removing Data.7z

3. Full Drag and Drop

Somewhere I found somebody saying for Vortex the downloaded file needs to be dropped there as whole.

Been there, done that.

Deinstallation: Removing 'Mod' from Vortex

4. Let Vortex do the work (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0prWgeGGnp8)

I had high hopes for this one in the beginning until he mentioned something about the Vortex extension will detect absent SEs for games that use mods with SE.

Vortex never did that for me. However, I was able to install SKSE via Vortex by disabling the extension 'Script Extender Installer' and enabling it again. SKSE shows as installed 'Mod' on the Vortex MODS tab.

Every installation was successfull and when launching Skyrim via 'skse64_loader.exe' or 'Skyrim Script Extender' on the dashboard the game boots just fine.

Console command 'getskseversion' shows: SKSE64 version: 2.0.19, realease idx 65, runtime 01050610

When trying to install 'SkyUI' now, it shows an error message #1. It states that it couldn't detect the latest version of SKSE

When I install it anyways the game won't start.

For some reinstallations (only option 4) I get two other messages from Vortex

:

In this case the game will start, but without the mod activated ingame.

I am pretty sure, that I do not have any redundant mods installed. Disabling every other Mod won't help. Since I have the same issue with other SKSE dependent mods, but not with all the other mods I do not think this message is reliable.

Also Vortex is not showing any bolts in the dependency column.

Help would be appreciated a lot!

Thank you very much in advance!

Vortex Version: 1.3.13

Game: Skyrim

Mods in use: 19

Environment: Windows 64-bit, 12GB RAM

Edited by GrisuDrache1991

It's working now!

Wow, it really was that simple and it was not even a Vortex related issue.. I am sorry.

Then the other mods SKSE related mods seem to have other issues.

Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Make sure you update all of those other SKSE mods as well.

Also be sure to grab the "Address Library for SKSE Plugins"

Thanks to the Library, if Skyrim ever updates, any SKSE mod that a modder has adapted to use the SKSE Library, won't ever need to be updated again, they will work with every new version of Skyrim

Link here - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32444