Need a sphere or globe mesh!

Laerithryn

Looking for help. Trying to find a sphere, globe or an orb mesh very much like the one on the enchanters table but larger the size of a basketball. I've tried using Nifscope to Remove the Branch on everything but the sphere itself to use that. But when I attempt to load into CK it always CTD every time.

Does anyone know of or perhaps have a mesh I can use? Or maybe tell me what I'm doing wrong when stripping the enchanters table?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Try extracting the sigil stone mesh from meshes > clutter > quest > sigilstone.nif (or sigilstonestatic.nif) . Open it in nifskope and see what textures it uses, then extract those as well, and then you can alter or switch textures from there. You should be able to size it when you place it in the CK, either freeform (hold S and move the mouse) or by double clicking, going to the 3D tab, and increasing the numeric size field.

Just a thought... or a couple of thoughts...

Do you want a static sphere? Or is it to be animated?

When I read your post, i thought of the sigil stone... then read thumbincubation's reply... doh!

From what I recall, the globe on the enchanting table is several meshes and quite complex. It is probably crashing to desktop because you've deleted parts that are intrinsically linked. I don't know for certain without trying it myself.

Thumbincubation's advice sounds good to me. How did you get on?

Hey "Thumbincubation", very much appreciated. That will indeed work. Already changed the color to what I need, but don't know how to make, or give it a big glowing effect. Any ideas?