SKSE's New "ClearInvalidRegistrations" Feature

AH1

I did a search and I haven't seen anyone really discussing this yet, but as of two SKSE versions ago, there is a new feature console command called "ClearInvalidRegistrations" that will, in theory, get rid of orphaned scripts.

To enable it, you have to add the line "ClearInvalidRegistrations=1" to your skse.ini in your Data/SKSE folder.

The question I have is how long does it take to work exactly? When I type it in, it says it isn't removing anything (i.e. 0 invalid registrations removed). But, according to others I've seen elsewhere, it can take up to 8 hours to run properly.

Anyone more experienced than me care to weigh in on this groundbreaking feature?

I did a search and I haven't seen anyone really discussing this yet, but as of two SKSE versions ago, there is a new feature console command called "ClearInvalidRegistrations" that will, in theory, get rid of orphaned scripts.

To enable it, you have to add the line "ClearInvalidRegistrations=1" to your skse.ini in your Data/SKSE folder.

The question I have is how long does it take to work exactly? When I type it in, it says it isn't removing anything (i.e. 0 invalid registrations removed). But, according to others I've seen elsewhere, it can take up to 8 hours to run properly.

Anyone more experienced than me care to weigh in on this groundbreaking feature?

there's no SKSE folder that comes with the latest SKSE.

You will need to create it in the Data directory. See the SKSE "skse_whatsnew.txt" for more information. Other than this file, there is nothing else that necessarily goes in that folder other than some mod-added plugins.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Being clueless I have no idea how to find or make the ini. file needed to put in the folder I made in Skyrim / Data. I have a SKSE folder in the user/documents/mygames/skyrim but don't see any ini. files, it just appears to be logs. I would like to save one game I have. I did a full STEP clean on Skyrim and am running a new character. I am running Steam by the way.

Edited by carrrpenter

• 3 weeks later...

All you have to do is make a new text file and rename it to SKSE.ini and you'll have you SKSE.ini file. The file is originally blank, so there's nothing special that needs to be done. Make sure you can see the text file's .txt extension so you can erase it when you rename it. Now, in your SKSE.ini file, add the lines you need. If you can't see the extension, then open folder options (open a folder, and search your menus for Folder Options), go to the 'View' tab, and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".