[LE] Where do the conditions for starting a quest go? (probably something obvious I'm missing)

thevehicle

I want my quest to start only after certain conditions have been met. Where do I put those conditions in the CK?

Specifically I want my quest to start only after a certain vanilla quest has been completed. If the player already completed the quest before installing my mod, then the quest should start as soon as they load in.

Looking at vanilla quest chains it seems that the way Bethesda does it is to have each quest start the next quest in the chain. But I can't do that because 1. I don't want to edit vanilla quests and 2. the user might have already finished the quest before installing my mod so the script would have already completed.

I'm not entirely certain but the Quest Conditions (scroll down to bottom) only apply to the dialog associated with the quest.

I manage the mod Organized Bandits In Skyrim and recently I started making quests for the big time bandits, but I wanted them to start when the player completes certain questlines.

My method might be cheating, it's up to you.

What I did was have a Persistent NPC in a hidden cell, that the player can't get to, have a package on them that teleports them out of the hidden cell when the player GetQuestCompleted == (Specific Quest) and because I'm lazy I used a default script (defaultSetStageOnLoad) that when my Persistent NPC 3D model is loaded it starts the quest and sets a stage for that quest.

Trust me, I have tested it THOROUGHLY. It works.

You would be shocked how quickly it happens too, I think the game every 10 seconds or so runs the packages of every. single. NPC in your game. The ones in towns, animals, dungeons etc.

Unless the quest is set to run on start up (in which case your first dialogue conditions will apply), conditions for starting a quest can go in Story Manager, usually script event or location event.

I did a tutorial on the Story Manager location event if its any help:SM Tutorial