The Morag Tong Expansion: Modeler/Texture Artist wanted!

Reymas

Hi there!

After much research, practice and planning, I have finally embarked on the first mod I plan to publish. It will be a faction/follower/quest expansion surrounding The Morag Tong, the ancient order of assassins established in Morrowind several millenia ago.

[DRAGONBORN SPOILERS]

After playing Dragonborn, and seeing their appearance there, I was subsequently very disappointed that they did not play a larger role, so I wanted to give players the opportunity to join and work for The Morag Tong while keeping things nice and lore-friendly. And yes, this will have an effect on the DragonBorn quest where you raid one of The Morag Tong's hideouts.

We are in very early stages but I have already created the guild-hall, a small Redoran-style village in a large underground cavern somewhere on Solstheim. The cavern used to be an ancient temple to Mephala and was converted into the Morag Tong's primary base of operations after the Red Year crisis and the dissolution of the Tribunal. It is now overgrown with glowing fungus, similar to what is found in Blackreach.

Here's a picture of it (WIP) from in the editor:

http://i.imgur.com/Np3j7ep.jpg

The player will meet an old Dunmer in the New Gnisis Cornerclub who will become a follower and eventually admit that he is a recruiter for the Morag Tong once certain prerequisites are met (player finishes "Horn of Jurgen Windcaller" and travels with the follower for 72 in-game hours and/or kills a dragon in front of the follower).

Of course, the story goes much further from there but I will be starting small with just an in-depth character follower and going from there. Taking inspiration from muppetpuppet of "Moonpath to Elseweyr," starting small and building on it with subsequent releases.

I am skilled in level design, writing and scripting but I have absolutely zero skill when it comes to modeling and texturing. I know that I will need several models and textures to make things perfect. Ideally, I would love to create a custom line of Morag Tong weaponry to go with the armor, some armor variations and some Morag Tong robes but that's for later. The following are models that I'm looking for as soon as possible.

The first, is the Grandmaster's robe, as seen in the following two images, from Morrowind. I would like to see an updated version of this robe with all the fancy polygons and high-rez textures that Skyrim allows:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/051/d/9/eno_hlaalu_by_theminttu-d4qeu10.jpg

http://images.uesp.net/e/e9/MW-npc-Eno_Hlaalu.jpg

The second is a Mephala statue. This is a little more complex. I would love to see something similar to the statue in Oblivion (shown below), with a few small changes. The statue will replace the large Watcher statue in the middle of the cavern (seen selected in the screenshot above) and will be floating suspended by a magical pedestal. Therefore, the base of the Mephala Statue will have to be similar in shape to the bottom of the Watcher statue: as in, it tapers to a point at the bottom. I was also thinking it might be interesting to see her outer hands turned palms upward instead of palms out so she can hold things. Any other conceptual edits we should talk about as I'm totally open to ideas. Also, I imagine the statue to have a dark metallic texture, similar to the statue of Nocturnal. Lastly, NOTE: the Watcher statue in the image above is scaled down to 0.87 its usual size.

http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/bkdae_ob_daedra_mephala.jpg

The third and final request I have is regarding a new banner based on the "Skuldafnbanneranim01" which I'm currently using as placeholders and looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/bMEDpvA.jpg

Except, instead of the Dragon Priest image we put the Shrine of Mephala "DLC2ShrineMephala" image on it, as seen here:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121224093348/elderscrolls/images/6/66/Mephala_Shrine.png

If anyone would like to create these items they would be free to use the models and textures for anything they would like, distribute them freely as they see fit, of course. There would be no need for exclusivity, I'd just be grateful for the help, frankly. Anyone wanting to help out beyond this would of course be more than welcome but I'd like to talk to them on my Ventrilo if and when they have time.

I would need these all as .nif and .dds files of course so they can be assigned to their proper references. Kinda goes without saying that they'll need normals and spec maps too so they can properly reflect lighting.

Thanks in advance for any interest!

Edited by Reymas

I don't see why this has gotten so few replies. Sounds great to me. Though I am only a novice modder, I can't really help. The only thing I think you should remove (which is just a person opinion) are those glowing musrhooms that you find in falmer dungeons. Do a retexture of them in red-brownish color if you still want them, but this is up to you.

This will serve as a bump so you can get more modders. Pm me if you ever finish the mod, I'd download it!

I

don't see why this has gotten so few replies. Sounds great to me.

Though I am only a novice modder, I can't really help. The only thing I

think you should remove (which is just a person opinion) are those

glowing musrhooms that you find in falmer dungeons. Do a retexture of

them in red-brownish color if you still want them, but this is up to

you.

This will serve as a bump so you can get more modders. Pm me if you ever finish the mod, I'd download it!

The red mushrooms are a great idea! If you do it, please post as a modders resource. If you can't, tell me where the files are, I can probably do it for you.

Edited by Guest

I

you.

The red mushrooms are a great idea! If you do it, please post as a modders resource. If you can't, tell me where the files are, I can probably do it for you.

I kinda meant as the ones you can find in dragonborn, you could use their textures over the mushrooms; but as said, the only thing I can create are npc's, followers, and races, and possibly misc.

I

you.

I kinda meant as the ones you can find in dragonborn, you could use their textures over the mushrooms; but as said, the only thing I can create are npc's, followers, and races, and possibly misc.

Sorry, I've never played the Dragonborn DLC.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks very promising, I am myself currently trying to create a Morag Tong mod, that attempts to convert the Thieves guild under the guidance of Ravyn Imyan.

The Plan

Once you have completed the Thieves guild mission and become guild master speak with Ravyn Imyan who will inform you off the tong as usual, however if you enquire further, he will state that the guild would do well to expand into Skyrim but the dark brotherhood is a threat. This will then start the following quest Innocents lost. You will now conduct the quest as usual (however when he asks who you are there is a forth option where you introduce yourself as a Tong Agent) and sleep then being met by Astrid (At this point You can mention your affiliation to the \Tong and she will become immediately hostile). Once Astrid is killed, you return to Ravyn Imyan instead of the Penitus.

Ravyn Imyan will inform you where the brotherhood base is and that a Tong agent has been infiltrating the brotherhood.

Destroy the dark brotherhood will now begin with a twist, when you enter Nazir will be there waiting as an ally and Tong agent. Complete the mission and return to the thieves guild. Ravyn Imyan will now be wearing his tong armor as will Nazir and you shall be rewarded your own set.

Nazir will begin giving contracts (the same he gives for the brotherhood quests) however there are requirements before you can begin. As a legal operation the hold must first allow Tong activity and except Writs. As such you must either be Thane of a hold or have completed the civil wars quest lines to receive the contract for a particular area.

Upon receiving contract you also receive a Writ this will work just like the, I'm part of the thieves guild let me go, response with guards. Allowing your bounty to be dropped if you have a the Writ.

After completed a predetermined number of contacts (the same qwuests as given by Nazir anyway) , more influential contracts will pop up (Mor Tong agents will apear as more missions are performed, filling the roles of other brotherhood members in the original quest lines), like the wedding killing, completion of such quests will have an impact upon the cistern. Maybe showing Tong banners and more thieves guild member wearing Tong armour.

You will continue through the missions much like the Dark Brotherhood but with less murder, only of these stated in the contract so when killing the chef you will not kill the informant. Also the mission Killing the Moras son would also not take part.

Upon Killing the fake Emperor, you are stopped by Commando Mora, You will present your Writ and be laughed at starting the Empoerer was fake (so your Writ is not Valid) and that you are under Arrest. This Will start the Escape Cidne Mine quest where upon finishing you can ask Borgul to join the Tong.

You will then return to the CIstern and recieve your final contract to kill the Emporer and receive the reward.

After completion Nazir will continue to provide quest (much like nightmother) and Devlin will have upgrade options for the cistern to properly convert the guild. The ability to recruit additional members could also become available

Extras.

Require the creation of banners. Varied tong armor much like the thieves guild. Sleeveless options, pauldronless, double pauldron, varied hoods ect Mephala shrine Dialogue options for the player would be changed as to not be so evil but more lawful in their speech when killing a target

If you have any resources or guidance to help with this I would be very grateful, would be great to see influence of the tong both in Skyrim and Solsthiem

Edited by Klofange

Sounds like a great project and I certainly don't mind doing some texture work for you. The Grandmaster outfit could be done quite easily by retexturing an appropriate set of robes. The gauntlets in the concept image look a lot like the Dawnguard Vampire gauntlets which could be retextured or you could even use daedric ones. The banner is a dead easy job. Plus I was kind of thinking of retexturing the Dragonborn Chitin armour into a proper Morag Tong version anyway.

I assure you I can make 3d models and texture to a good standard and I'm also used to messing around with Nif files.Only real issue I have is rigging which I hate, I can do it but it takes me forever. I don't have any mods on Nexus but I'm quite happy to PM you some examples if you want proof of my abilities. :)

• 3 months later...