Equipment "Auras" for squad planning/NPC Groups?

AlyLovelace

So, I was looking around, and while I found a few things that did a similar idea to what I had in mind (and yes, I know self-healing armor is rather easy), nothing that could quite be adapted, or at least, not with my limited knowledge of the CK and Scripting... Unless I've had yet another ditz moment and there's an "enchantment" for this already, so, onto my query: Is it possible to have armor pieces with "aura" effects? For example, if I made a gunner "medic" enemy type, could I do an enchantment on the armor that would only heal allies (within X feet)? (So, other gunners, or if taken from the corpse and put on a settler, other settlers, etc, etc), or other enemy types, such as a "spotter" affecting accuracy (with NPC's accuracy not needed, simply an example).

Goal here is to stimulate tactical "squads" through subtle dynamics/equipment modifications that shouldn't conflict with other mods (LL Injection), and still play well (Debatably, numbers would obviously have to be fiddled with and tested).

Also take a look at the Tesla Coils for PA Torso. The magic effect used has archetype Cloak. I have experimented with same method to apply elemental damage to enemies that come near you. Sadly, one thing that I couldn't manage, was to increase the area of effect. I believe a condition can be applied for the magic effect, to be active only for npcs that are non hostile to the player.

Don't the glowing ghouls have an effect that can "revive" other ghouls in a certain radius around them?

Maybe have a look at that ...

The glowing ghoul uses a "reanimate" effect (Specifically: GlowingOneReanimate), which does point out that one could use some sort of heal with an area on an NPC, which I did know... Looking within the conditions for effects, there's a setting "IsHostileToActor" which should be of use for determining whether one should be affected by the aura in question... They also have a ModifyValue (Health) for healing (a change from Oblivion which was part of my issue). So...

IsHostileToActor = 0 Should grab non-hostiles (seemingly as close as I'll get), then ModifyValue = Health sets it up. Which is pretty much what I want, I think. Need to test and play with it, but looking along the lines of the ghoul definitely worked, thanks! Now, time to see if I can put it on some sort of timer so that it isn't simply continuous healing (which isn't strictly necessary, simply for my own pleasure/getting to know the CK better).

Edit: Toying with faction checks might work as well, and be a touch more specific as well.

Also take a look at the Tesla Coils for PA Torso. The magic effect used has archetype Cloak. I have experimented with same method to apply elemental damage to enemies that come near you. Sadly, one thing that I couldn't manage, was to increase the area of effect. I believe a condition can be applied for the magic effect, to be active only for npcs that are non hostile to the player.

If you're trying to go damage dealing, wouldn't the damage effect be of more use? You could set the damage type there, and so forth, and I know at least in the magic "effect" portion (not sure how it works once it gets to an enchantment) you can set areas etc. Thrown on IsHostileToActor, whoever wore it would do damage to hostiles in the area (hostile to them, not all hostiles), unless I'm mistaken. Doesn't hit a player only angle (unless you stop NPC's from accessing the armor piece you tie the enchantment to, etc) though.

Edited by JaideW

Magic Effects in Enchantments for armor work only if Casting Type is "Constant Effect" and Delivery Type is "Self". Damaging magic effect will hurt the one wearing the armor. If you want to do damage to enemies with an armor, I'm guessing Archetype "Cloak" is the only option. Then inside the magic effect you associate a damaging Spell with the cloaking ability. I tried increasing the area value, but couldn't see any difference while testing ingame. Or maybe I did something wrong. Anyway, I'm not working on this for now.

Magic Effects in Enchantments for weapons can have Casting Type "Fire and Forget" and Delivery Type "Touch". But in order for the magic effect to work, the weapon's damage must be > 0.

One more piece of information. I did a wearable item for a request, a ring that damages the player with radiation. First I tried the Enchantment with damaging magic effect. It worked, but the radiation couldn't be countered in any way. Then I used the magic effect to add a Perk to the one wearing the item. On other hand I used the perk to add a Spell with damaging magic effect. The radiation damage was then countered with the proper resistance.

Another option would be to use constantly created explosions with a custom enchantment on it. This explosion would occur from a script that is attached to the armor, using "Event OnEquipped()", "while()" and placeatme()

• 4 months later...

I read in the CK wiki an info about Cloak archetype. The magnitude should actually control the radius/area of the cloak. But I haven't tested this yet.

Edit: Yep, it's working. Can be used with damaging or healing spells, spells that recover/improve some other attribute, etc.