Need help for a quest mod!

LahkRukTahl

I've got this idea for a quest, well a line of quests if you will, and it will be similar to Wyrmstooth in that it will be a DLC-like mod.

The general idea is that the people of Skyrim have discovered a painting from ages ago, possibly from the first or second age of Tamriel. When people gaze upon the painting while alone in the same room as it, they vanish, never to be heard from again. The plot? The painting actually opens to another world, and the people gazing upon it never get out! Neat, isn't it?

Now for the help I need.

1) I need people that know how to create entirely new lands (I'm talking big new open world to explore like Solstheim). I haven't come up with a name for the world but I have a general idea for it's appearance. Everything in the environment will have a painted texture, meaning it's completely different from vanilla Skyrim. Rocks will have a texture that makes them appear as though they were painted with a paintbrush, the leaves on trees will look less real and more artificial with vibrant colors. The waters will be deep blues rather than dull greyish-blues. And the characters of this world will look similar to reflect that they are not real, but a figment of the painting's realm. The Dragonborn needs to feel completely out of place in this world, because they are!

2) I need people who are good at character, weapon and armor modeling. I'm a beginner on modeling, I should be able to handle weapons and armors, but characters is probably a bit more down the road for me.

3) I need voice actors. I'm good at voice acting myself, but I'd like plenty of variety for this.

4) I need beta testers to help find bugs, glitches, and mod incompatibilities.

5) Most of all, I need support! I need to know that players are interested in this mod and that they want it to happen all the way!

If people are interested in helping make this mod a reality, please post in this thread stating you'd like to volunteer to help make this happen. There's absolutely no commitment, you can drop out at anytime during the production of the mod, but you must leave any and all work you've done up to that point with me. I'll make sure to give you credit in the final release.

That's about all, I look forward to getting responses.

Kind of like the realm in oblivion when you just into the painting to find the guy and everything is actually painted?

Quest is A Brush with Death

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:A_Brush_With_Death

Obviously it would be better graphics now but something like

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:OB-quest-A_Brush_with_Death.jpg

Edited by fortie

I've got this idea for a quest, well a line of quests if you will, and it will be similar to Wyrmstooth in that it will be a DLC-like mod.

The general idea is that the people of Skyrim have discovered a painting from ages ago, possibly from the first or second age of Tamriel. When people gaze upon the painting while alone in the same room as it, they vanish, never to be heard from again. The plot? The painting actually opens to another world, and the people gazing upon it never get out! Neat, isn't it?

Now for the help I need.

1) I need people that know how to create entirely new lands (I'm talking big new open world to explore like Solstheim). I haven't come up with a name for the world but I have a general idea for it's appearance. Everything in the environment will have a painted texture, meaning it's completely different from vanilla Skyrim. Rocks will have a texture that makes them appear as though they were painted with a paintbrush, the leaves on trees will look less real and more artificial with vibrant colors. The waters will be deep blues rather than dull greyish-blues. And the characters of this world will look similar to reflect that they are not real, but a figment of the painting's realm. The Dragonborn needs to feel completely out of place in this world, because they are!

2) I need people who are good at character, weapon and armor modeling. I'm a beginner on modeling, I should be able to handle weapons and armors, but characters is probably a bit more down the road for me.

3) I need voice actors. I'm good at voice acting myself, but I'd like plenty of variety for this.

4) I need beta testers to help find bugs, glitches, and mod incompatibilities.

5) Most of all, I need support! I need to know that players are interested in this mod and that they want it to happen all the way!

If people are interested in helping make this mod a reality, please post in this thread stating you'd like to volunteer to help make this happen. There's absolutely no commitment, you can drop out at anytime during the production of the mod, but you must leave any and all work you've done up to that point with me. I'll make sure to give you credit in the final release.

That's about all, I look forward to getting responses.

I was literally unaware that there was a quest like this in Oblivion. I never finished the game cuz I had to sell it (and I never got around to buying it on PC).

I was thinking the environment would look like this (images from the mod "Simplified Skyrim Main Menu Wallpaper Replacers)

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/25875-4-1350920013.jpg

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/25875-5-1350920013.jpg

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/25875-5-1350919949.jpg

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/25875-1-1350920072.jpg

I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty much inspired to create this mod because of these pictures. But notice how their appearance almost has that of a cartoon, but with the hint of Skyrim.

Again, completely unaware of the Oblivion quest. Guess that's the world I live in, you think you come up with something cool and original but then you realize it's already been done. At least the quest itself will be original.