Marriage ceremony on Solstheim

OrlokBalint

Hi all,
about a year ago I rp-d a non-dragonborn mercenary on Solstheim. I started there (with alternate start), and haven't even visited Skyrim for ages. I'm about to do a similar run in the near future, and something came to my mind:

Why exactly should I go all the way to Riften to get married?

In vanilla, this almost made sense, but with the dragonborn dlc, it's just lazy, especially since Solstheim has a dunmer population with dunmeri traditions. They even have the Temple, where supposedly every type of religious ceremony is conducted, and which dwarfes in size the temple of Mara.

I haven't found a mod that addresses this problem, maybe I missed it.

Can anyone please point me to an existing mod, help me on how to do it myself or actually make it work? :)

No such mod exists, however... **looks left then right** hypothetically speaking if there' were a WIP that offer players various locations and priests for their ceremony, where would you like to see the ceremony take place in Solsteim and which priests besides Frea?

Edited by Shadohz

Hmmmmm Frea is a good idea! I was thinking Elder Othreloth from the Temple for dunmeri ceremonies...
And maybe Storn Crag-Strider along with Frea, and the location should probably be outside of the Skaal village: maybe the Wind Stone... Yes, that sounds about right!

And maybe even the Riekling Chief! :D It's not my first idea, but hey... If Tank Engines made it to skyrim, I'm not surprised by anything.

If *anyone* would work on a game like that, I'd also suggest making a few ship captains available as a ceremony master, just like irl. (eg Gjalund Salt-Sage). And while I'm at it... Maybeee even orcish weddings?

Thanks for the answer and the... hypothetic idea. :wink:

Hmm. I hadn't factored in people RPing and only remaining on one continent. The chief justice of peace was to be the official filer of marriage licenses so 99% of the interface was to take place with him at the cathedral. Priests would depend on availability (i.e. you completed quests, if they are dead, if it is possible to splice their audio to make a coherent speech). The biggest PITA honestly is audio-splicing. I hate it and it's also a matter of cutting up enough to make something out of nothing.

Ships captain came to mind, marrying on a boat came to mind. Orcs, argonians, and khajiit "traditional" weddings never came to mind. Omg does that make me racist? Uggh do I have to do another lore video binge watch to understand their practices? Honestly I don't think it's worth the effort. All these decisions don't have to be made right away. Other feedback and help might come in.

Hypothetically speaking.

Edited by Shadohz

Yeah I can agree with the voice-problem, I modded for some time but never got beyond quest making. Hm. I think sub-only mods break immersion for casual and for RP players both, so if it's too much to do for more than a few (and under few I mean Frea only) charaters, maybe voice acting could come into play, if this very imaginary mod had a larger fan-base.

Oc it doesn't make you anything :D I hardly know the lore, I'm a never-played-ES-other-than-skyrim pleb, the only way special types came to my mind was because of this one Solstheim palythrough I had (which I recommend to everyone).

Were I the very hypothetical creator of this hypothetical mod, I wouldn't add too much 'special' weddings at first, only if I feel up to it later or if the mod exploded in the community :D