Need help removing replacers from a mod

blackninja50

You do this with Tes5Edit, it's one of the things that tool is very good for. There are plenty of tutorials out there already, but here's the essence of what you'll need to do:

1. Launch Tes5Edit, right-click the list that first shows up, 'Select None'. Then check-box only The Art of Magicka. You may need to look up what its actual ESP file is, sometimes they're named differently. The list is in the same order as your load order, that should help.
  2. Expand the mod's node, then expand the Armor node. There should be records for each of the robes you listed. You'll also notice that Tes5Edit shows you two columns: the first column is the original record from Skyrim.esp, and the second column shows how this ESP is overwriting that record.
  3. Delete the record in The Art of Magicka. By deleting the record that is overwriting Skyrim.esp's record, the original Skyrim.esp record once again takes effect. Tes5Edit will warn you about the action, since of course you are making changes to The Art of Magicka. If you re-install that ESP, your changes will be lost. A cleaner way to do it is to make an "override": On each of the armor records, right-click the column header for Skyrim.esp and choose "Copy as override into." Tes5Edit lets you create your own new ESP this way. By putting it lower in the load order than The Art of Magicka, you can have Skyrim.esp's original record data overwrite (back to original values) the records for those armors.

Sorry for the terse tutorial - as I said, there's more and better information out there on how to use Tes5Edit, if you need something more in-depth. Or PM me if you get stuck on a particular step. I've used Tes5Edit for this kind of editing before, once you get the hang of it you'll see how invaluable the tool is. :)

I actually did exactly that yesterday (I was just trying random things and it seemed like a good idea at the time) but I missed one robe, the one I had in my inventory and was using to test if what I was doing worked or not :facepalm: . If you hadn't explained it I would probably have continued doing random things for who knows how long. Thank you :biggrin:.

Awesome. :) In case it helps for this kind of thing in the future, Tes5Edit has a related feature that makes finding merge conflicts super-easy. Load all your mods at the start, wait til background processing is done, then right-click anywhere on the left and choose "Apply Filter For Cleaning". This can take a while. With 100+ mods it can take 5+ minutes. When it's done, you get everything color-coded, and red means a merge conflict.

Even better, you can now right-click on the right side and choose to "Hide no conflict rows" to focus on only the diff's.

Happy munging. ;)