Problem with armor textures in Creation Kit

blendercat

Hello all,

I'm extremely new to modding in any way, shape or form(Never modded before, CK is my first experience) and I've set out to create armor sets based on those of my characters on an RPG forum I am a member of. My first piece has already led to issues, thankfully these issues are exclusively texture-related. The armor I am creating is a recolor of Linwe's chest armor, being black instead of its original light grey. I already have this armor(Equipped on my character in fact) which displays the name, armor rating, value, etc. correctly(The armor is its own source ID and does not replace Linwe's armor, as I also have that). In the inventory screen, the 'preview' armor model has the correct texture which I assigned through the CK. However, upon equipping this armor, the default grey texture is displayed. I'm looking for help as to how I can get the armor to correctly display the black texture when equipped(I assume such a method would apply to all types of armor, such as boots). Any sort of assistance is appreciated, and if you require more details I can most likely provide them.

(Note: Default Grey refers to the texture of Linwe's armor)

Edited by blendercat

It sounds like you only edited the ARMO file, which would make the world model (the one you see in your inventory) use your textures and not the ARMA file, which determines the textures used when the armor is being worn. Check to see if you edited the ArmorAddon file to use your new texture. You can find this easily by opening the ARMO file and double clicking on the item listed under "Models" below the word model sections.