Request for a mod using MWSE

Valascon

Don't know if it can be done, but can MWSE be used to add items to the inventory of an existing merchant NPC?

Specifically, I would like an MWSE mod that will add at least one each of unenchanted exquisite ring, amulet and belt in the game including those added by mods. The clothier merchant NPC Milie Hastien in Balmora makes the most sense to me because she already carries a few such items and because Balmora is the HQ for Hlaalu who would probably have the gold and interest in luxury jewelry. It would be nice if those items would re-stock periodically.

Like I say, I don't know if MWSE can do that and it's outside my skills which is why I'm requesting such a mod. Another reason is simply that, if it can be done, it saves an .esp slot.

Thanks,

Valascon

You can easily do it using the Construction set or console codes.

With the console codes you need to open the console, click on the target and type additem x

where x is the editor ID of your choice http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Base_Clothing

I'm not sure you can always buy something from a NPC's inventory by the way.

• 1 month later...

While true, I asked specifically about MWSE. MWSE mods do not automatically require a esp file and count against the mod load cap. Moreover, I'm interested in a mod that dynamically checks items added by other mods to add jewelry to the inventory of the merchant NPC. IIRC, there is at least one mod that added jewelry to the game world, not to mention reading mod descriptions out there using MWSE to add new items that other mods add.

What you ask probably can be done, but the mod is a little too specific IMO to be interesting enough for someone with the knowledge to invest 1 half hour or so to make and test the mod. I think you'd better go to the MWSE channel on Morrowind Modding Discord and ask for hints here and there, most people are currently working hard on Morrowind Modding Madness projects but a hint here and there should be easy to get

Edited by abot