Asurah Reanimation problem with Weapon Retexture Project

Prostories64

Asurah works well however with specific weapons such as the anti material rifle and gobi campaign scout rifle it straight up doesnt load the WRP textures instead it just loads the vanilla ones. Before you ask I know for a fact Asurah is causing this problem as I've archive invalidated a ton of times with it and as soon as i remove it the WRP textures load.

Animations are directly linked from the texture files of the "artwork" (e.g. weapon). If the animator didn't provide a custom texture linking to their custom animation file for a given weapon (either vanilla or from someone else's mod) then it doesn't work with that weapon. That is what you are experiencing. Most such animation replacements list which weapon mods they are compatible with. Otherwise they (or others) provide "patch files".

Theoretically you could create your own custom version "patch" of any mod's texture to work with a specific animation file, but it is likely that there will be some form of "clipping" issue, which would be the underlying reason the animation author had to create a unique version of the file in order to preserve both the vanilla version and their custom version. (Otherwise they would have just substituted their custom version using the vanilla file name. See the recent thread "grip clipping fix" in this section for a related discussion.) The game engine reuses a limited number of animation files for many weapons.

Check the description and comments page of WRP for compatibility reports. Depending upon the version of WWRP, there have been changes to the folder structure and file naming that caused compatibility issues in the past.

-Dubious-

"WRP textures"

1.95 or latest?

I remember that only works with old version of WRP ( 1.95 ) as version 2 and above use WMIM (basically changes and fixes most, if not all meshes of the weapons) and asurah's patch for WRP only for 1.95, right, or am I missing something?

It's also a "packaging" problem that is even simpler than that. The following is from a standard explanation of the general problem:

In the case of (for example) "Weapon Retexture Project" (WRP) v1.95, the package has a "non-standard" folder structure. (Not an uncommon mistake by mod authors, so learn from this.) The game (to include most mod managers like NMM, MO, and FOMM) is expecting the top level folder of an archive package to be standardized; with folder names such as "Textures" or "Meshes" (etc.), or ESM/ESP/BSA files. It assumes they are being placed under the game "Data" folder. This example package starts with a "RLS" folder, which the game does not recognize, and so it places that as the "top level" under "Data". (Sometimes this is the author's name or initials, other times it's the mod name and version, but anything unexpected is treated the same way: as a new folder or file. Sometimes it's "Data" so you end up with "Data\Data" which is also unexpected.) Most likely when the files are "installed" but aren't found correctly, something similar to this is your problem. Unpack the mod archive (WRP in this instance) to some other location and then either rebuild the archive so the top level folders are "Textures" and "Meshes" (in other words, without the "RLS" folder from WRP at all), and then install with your mod manager, or manually drag those folders into the game "Data" folder.

The text file under the WRP "RLS" folder is a documentation file. If you want to keep similar in the package, just place it in the top level along with the "Meshes" and "Textures" folders. Recommend renaming such to "<mod_name>_ReadMe.txt" so you know which package they came from, and place them all in a "Docs" folder for easy access, but it's not a requirement. (Many authors act as if their mod's text file is the only one that might possibly exist in the same location or use the same common name (i.e. "Readme.txt"), so consequently only the last installed exists.)

Any given patch file has to take such "unpacked" folder structures into account. I don't know whether either of the two WRP patch files I found on the "Asurah Reanimation Pack" page ("GRA WRP Unofficial Patch Ironsight Fix" and "Millenia Weapon Retexture Project Ironsight Fix") or any of the other various patches available elsewhere cope with it. Your best bet is to wade through the comments page of the mod.

-Dubious-