ESL flagging with Wrye Bash being removed by Vortex

Hatchet101
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

Ok so when I replicated this it was only a problem when selecting "Use newer file", selecting "Use deployed file" would save the changes properly.

My theory is down to date precision:

Vortex may save it as 12/11/2020 14:19:00.2132

And Wyre does it as 12/11/2020 14:19:00.0000

This would make the Wyrebash saved version older (technically). Wyrebash is a old piece of software, so it probably isn't as precise with the dates as Vortex.

The Wrye Bash I use, was updated October 2020

The Vortex I use is 1.2.20

I converted 128 esps for Skyrim SE to ESPfe with Vortex.

I load them up in Wryebash (Running it from Vortex, so Vortex is STILL Open) in order to make a bashed patch.

I then quit Wryebash, and enable the Bashed Patch in Vortex, and am never notified about any file changes.

When I quit Vortex and load it, and do any operations that require a deployment, I've never seen a notification about any of the files I converted to ESPfe and loaded in WryeBash as "Changed"

Sounds like you're doing something else? You're making a bashed patch, not flagging plugins as ESL

Ok so when I replicated this it was only a problem when selecting "Use newer file", selecting "Use deployed file" would save the changes properly.

My theory is down to date precision:

Vortex may save it as 12/11/2020 14:19:00.2132

And Wyre does it as 12/11/2020 14:19:00.0000

This would make the Wyrebash saved version older (technically). Wyrebash is a old piece of software, so it probably isn't as precise with the dates as Vortex.

The Wrye Bash I use, was updated October 2020

The Vortex I use is 1.2.20

I converted 128 esps for Skyrim SE to ESPfe with Vortex.

I load them up in Wryebash (Running it from Vortex, so Vortex is STILL Open) in order to make a bashed patch.

I then quit Wryebash, and enable the Bashed Patch in Vortex, and am never notified about any file changes.

When I quit Vortex and load it, and do any operations that require a deployment, I've never seen a notification about any of the files I converted to ESPfe and loaded in WryeBash as "Changed"

Sounds like you're doing something else? You're making a bashed patch, not flagging plugins as ESL

?????

I said I have 128 plugins flagged as ESPfe through Vortex.

Not one of them was converted back, from loading them up in Wryebash as the OP said, that caused Vortex to detect that they had been changed Externally and then reverted by Vortex.

So, when I convert to ESL ESPfe) with Vortex like the OP, and I load them up in WryeBash, Wryebash doesn't touch them, and instead they load back into Vortex UNCHANGED.

I'm starting to think that the OP is using an old version of Wryebash because he said that it complains about having over 255 plugins, and the Newer Versions are supposed to handle over 255.

• Solution

@HTR: Yes, we're talking about converting them to ESP through Wyrebash

I can confirm it's an issue with how Wyrebash saves the files. So this isn't something we can fix on the Vortex side. Here's my test results, I used GitBash to get the file details before and after Wyre edits the file:

knaRMqw.png

As you can see the modified time stamp gets it's decimal places reset to 0.

Edit: Vortex ticket ref: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/7924

@HTR: Yes, we're talking about converting them to ESP through Wyrebash

I can confirm it's an issue with how Wyrebash saves the files. So this isn't something we can fix on the Vortex side. Here's my test results, I used GitBash to get the file details before and after Wyre edits the file:

knaRMqw.png

As you can see the modified time stamp gets it's decimal places reset to 0.

OK, I see now.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that the latest Wrye nightly has this:

- Timestamps are now preserved down to nanoseconds. Keep an eye out for breakage, especially in TES4, FO3 & FNV
So hopefully this will be a fix in the next release.

- Timestamps are now preserved down to nanoseconds. Keep an eye out for breakage, especially in TES4, FO3 & FNV

I assume that isn't in the full, public-facing release?

I assume that isn't in the full, public-facing release?

Correct. It is on their discord under wip-builds. https://discord.gg/eBryTXG