How mand plugins in VR for a stable game, no CTDs?

ntblood

I noticed that when I get close to 170 active plugins that my FO4 VR build starts CTDing. When I tried isolating the problem to particular mods/plugins with MO2 I was unable to find a culprit. At 170 plugins the game seems to CTD relatively quickly. Once I reduced the plugin count to about 165 the game would run for about 5 minutes before CTDing. Has anyone else experienced this? I have a new desktop gaming computer so I don't think that's the issue. I'm hoping that once I reduce my plugin count a bit more that the crashes will stop all together.
Thanks
=========
Update:
Reduced plugins to just above 160, but probably getting rid of the out of date mod, "Fallout 4 VR Optimization Project" did the most to fix my crashing. Also dropping two followers down to 5 from 7 (incl. 2 dogs, now 1 dog, small Pug-meat). That "top VR mods" article https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4vr/comments/jiu2lr/10_most_important_mods_for_fallout_vr/
helped identify that old mod breaking my game and add a few cool ones, and advice about texture mods, keeping them non-HD for VR for the most part. There was a fog remover and debris remover mods on that list too I added to my other optimizations.
Having 165 plugins or more seems to crash in VR though for me.Now my game is pretty darn stable hovering about 160 plugins.
I also got rid of a few home and apartment mods that were crashy even though I didn't want to admit it.
eg. "First time when I entered into the home and game did crashed I had think this is coincidence. But after second and third crashes it became obvious that this is not coincidence. I checked this in Fallout Performance Monitor and find out that memory consumption jumps up right after entering the house (and right before the crash). And textures in this mod a really huge. Pillow - 4096x4096, 21 Mb; just a pot - 2048x2048, 5 Mb."

Edited by ntblood