Modding NPCs

Ulfric1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to change the appearance(maybe by copying settings from pawn files?) and buff the fighting stats of the nonhostile Westron Labrys bandits. Changing their gear would be a bonus but I mostly just want to change the first two parts.

So far we can't add player/pawn appearance options to NPC's. As of right now we can only swap things out with other NPC's. For instance, you could make Madeleine wear Selene's Dress, or give Quina Selene's Hairstyle. You can also change their body types and colors and face. You can edit small details instead of just completely swapping things out, but that is much, much harder and more tedious. All of this is done through Hex editing. Unfortunately nobody has come up with any tools for doing this. Something I want to look into is seeing if we can force an NPC to load from wherever the Player and Arisen pull their appearance from, as there is an NPC that does this. If you haven't completed the game, this is a SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER (If you're still reading this I assume you've completed the game.) At the end of the game, The final boss makes a clone of you that you can actually talk to and interact with, so I figure there must be a way to force an NPC to load player appearance, I just have no idea how someone would go about doing that sort of thing.

I want to change the appearance(maybe by copying settings from pawn files?) and buff the fighting stats of the nonhostile Westron Labrys bandits. Changing their gear would be a bonus but I mostly just want to change the first two parts.

So far we can't add player/pawn appearance options to NPC's. As of right now we can only swap things out with other NPC's. For instance, you could make Madeleine wear Selene's Dress, or give Quina Selene's Hairstyle. You can also change their body types and colors and face. You can edit small details instead of just completely swapping things out, but that is much, much harder and more tedious. All of this is done through Hex editing. Unfortunately nobody has come up with any tools for doing this. Something I want to look into is seeing if we can force an NPC to load from wherever the Player and Arisen pull their appearance from, as there is an NPC that does this. If you haven't completed the game, this is a SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER (If you're still reading this I assume you've completed the game.) At the end of the game, The final boss makes a clone of you that you can actually talk to and interact with, so I figure there must be a way to force an NPC to load player appearance, I just have no idea how someone would go about doing that sort of thing.

Is there a database for the hex values and what they do? And what file do I need to edit for appearance?

Yeah, the Seneschal fight. I thought NPCs and pawns/Arisen would probably have the same values for facegen since you can make pawns that look like NPCs.

There isn't a database, but FluffyQuack on steam does have a little info on it. When you open the NPC file with ArcTool, and open the NPC folder, you'll see a folder that says edit. You'll open that and then a couple more folders and you'll come to a set of 4 files that edit appearance, the .EDP being one of the main ones.

Here's some of what FluffyQuack has on it:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/8/451852118781116766/?l=french

I also made a list of what each NPC is a while back. It might help:

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/482

Edited by LDKSuperDante