tempestseeker

Strokend, on 02 Mar 2013 - 19:11, said:

Pythons--yeah. A snake that can survive the cold (it can shiver for heat).

Turtles: See python.

Actually turtles can handle some surprisingly low temperatures by hibernating, and snakes wouldn't too out of place in the southern holds.

Leatherback seaturtles actually live as far north as the Hudson Bay I think.

http://earthdata.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/2009_leatherbacks_ocean.jpg

And polar oceans are teeming with life, like giant pacific octopi, giant jelly fish, and all kinds of real fish, snails and seaweed. Some kinds of seaweed and mollusk shells could be used for alchemy. Even a simple ocean mod could have enormous potential, then not to forget the animals on land.

Edited by LordSarcasm

I just love all the ideas on this page, i really hope some modder implements all of these ideas.

I've got a few ideas aswell. First. Megaloceras or the "Irish Elk" was one of the largest members of the deer family. Standing at around seven feet and antlers almost as long as a person, they are certainly not too be under estimated.

Second. Coelodonta or the woolly rhino was a massive ice age herbivore, and no doubt was dangerous.

Third. The Cave hyena, the cave hyena was double the size of it's living african relitives and was one of the top predators of ice age europe and asia, they where as big as an african lioness but they where broader than african lions.

Fourth. Ibex's have been mentioned on previous posts but i have ideas for other goat-like animals, here a a few suggestions, the Chamois, the Mouflon (ancestor of domestic sheep) and the exotic Markhor with it's spiral shaped horns and large size would make an interesting addition too skyrims mountains.

Fifth. The Tarpan, the tarpan is the ancestor of todays domestic horses, they where shorter and sqauter than todays horses but they where hardy and bad tempered like todays zebra in africa.

Edited by Sarus31

Penguins. Yes, penguins. Who doesn't wanna see a penguin? And there are so many different kinds!

Because penguins live on the other side of the world. Bethesda made Skyrim a northerly country, and penguins live in the antarctic. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/931687-skyrim-needs-penguins/ is a thread that discusses that sort of mod.

Also don't forget Wild Mammoths, these Mammoths would probably be slightly bigger and a lot more aggressive than the domesticated ones the Giants have. They could travel in herds too. And maybe three kinds of Bison, the Plains Bison, the European Wisent, and the Extinct broad-headed bison which was twice the size of todays american bison and had massive horns too.

Edited by Sarus31

Also don't forget Wild Mammoths, these Mammoths would probably be slightly bigger and a lot more aggressive than the domesticated ones the Giants have. They could travel in herds too. And maybe three kinds of Bison, the Plains Bison, the European Wisent, and the Extinct broad-headed bison which was twice the size of todays american bison and had massive horns too.

This is what I'm talking about, however what would be enough for me would be Oxes, possibly Auks as discussed in another thread, and maybe some small critters like squirrels.

Smaller critters? I can think of tonnes of potential critters. Birds such as Pheasants, Black grouse, Red grouse, Ptarmigans would be very common and live in various regions of skyrim. Red grouse would probably be most common on the plains surronding whiterun, whilst black grouse would be alittle rarer. Ptarmigans would probably only be found on snowy and mountainous areas, whereas the Pheasant would be found everywhere except the far north and mountainous zones. Much larger Birds i'd like too see are Cranes, geese and Great Bustards. I could spend hours listing off birds alone, nevermind anything else other animals.

Thanks for the encouragment AlienSensei, on the bison subject i was just thinking aloud more than anything, i was thinking about specific regions for certain animals too live thats all.

Edited by Sarus31