Tutorial for Frosty for editing the pajamas

madladyhatter

So I'm starting with learning how to mod with Frosty and I've got a basic idea of how it works, but I was wondering if there were any tutorials you guys would rec specifically for retexturing/coloring the pajamas so I can better understand it. I've always been a little frustrated when trying to find outfits for my guy characters so I figured I ought to just learn how to do it myself.

hi, there are tutorials for retexturing the pajamas in dai mod maker that have the same general principles as editing them with frosty. here is one specifically for pjs, another one for specifically pjs, and these 2 links provide a general breakdown of how textures work in dragon age and which one serves which purpose.

the differences for for frosty is that you don't have to save in dds format like you have to do for dai mod maker. you can instead save your images as png or tga if you maybe don't have access to a dds plugin. plus, in frosty, normal maps are green instead of purple (these are the textures that are used to fake extra 3d detail on the 3d models), and if you see anything in those tutorials about swapping the channels or adjusting the levels to fix the normal map, you can safely ignore those steps because that is an issue frosty normal maps should not have to my knowledge.

Edited by Dmitrias