[LE] Navmeshing

Myst42

In the solitude quest about the wolf queen there is at the end dungeon a throne room where half of the chairs have container draugers and the other ones have draugers that come alive and attack. Look in Potema's sanctum. There are other dungeons where drauger are standing in alcoves or sitting. I think they may be linked to the chair they are sitting on with some package controlling when they get up and fight probably. I haven't looked at them.

Wondering if you could just make a script that on cell start would tell the mob to sit. Mob would be placed right next to the chair. Once it has sat trigger a don't move and exit. Then a new script that when close enough to the player would start movement again and set attack as normal. I did something like this in a random maze to get the mobs to stay in place but they were not sitting.

Edited by NexusComa2

Just made a test with some ambush script ones and only trigger 1 out of 3 on that scene. It worked perfectly and none of the other 2 moved except when I manually activated them.

I think the trick lies in the actor being AI-set as "helps nobody" and then using the sitting ambush as normal but never actually linking an activator trigger.

Now the problem is that still doesnt make em containers. On activate, they react and stand. I have the impression this could be improved with scripting and some kind of variation from the ambush script itself, but I'll have to get back to that...2 alternatives that come to my mind now are changing the activation event to initiate trade instead of triggering aggro (I dont like that idea much because it's a living container and they should be dead), Making a kill function that will make sure they're dead after they are sitting instead of starting dead (But I fear I might have the same problem of them dropping dead to the floor)

Anyway... I've also been messing with spiders. I had an idea for a spider overhaul mod, but first i started testing what are the tools and how do they behave.

I managed to make a creepy spider section of the dungeon, but I realized too late that this has a radical problem: Spiders are too big for small corridors -> which shouldn't really be since part of spiders' sense of creepyness is being able to squeeze through anything.

So; I edited the skeleton and reduced dimensions, and apparently, now they can pass through smaller navmeshes, though I fear my initial sucess on this might carry on unwanted consequences. Already saw a giant spider stuttering trying to climb something, nothing too serious though... as buggy as that moment looked, it's still Skyrim, But the parts that worked... boy was it an improvement on the creep factor.

It's really crazy that even small spiders have a radius size of twice what a humanoid NPC does (Using the test navmesh options) They were so fat one could literally just go to a corridor and hide cause tey cant get there.

EDIT: Moving my queries to a newer thread: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9325578-dungeon-worldbuilding-enemies-ai-and-everything/

Edited by Myst42