I could use a lot of help with a sword.

shroudmoth75

Hi all,

I'm not even new to blender, I've never rendered anything before not in 2d.I did manage to effectively make this sword I want in the game, and I'm working w

ith someone on quest and scripting, which left modeling it up to me.I have no clue how I did it, but it's modeled. Now I have no clue what comes next to make it skinned, or meshed, or whatev

I'm 45 and clueless and I could really use an assist to get the skin onto the weapon. You get co-creator credit and can up load as such once it's done.

It's my rendering of stormbringer.

please let me know if you can help.

I can't really help directly, but I suggest you post this in the forum for the game you're trying to get it into (you didn't mention it in your post). Assuming it's for Skyrim or another Bethesda game: what program did you make the sword in? If it's Blender, you have a couple of choices. First, you could get the NIF plugin for Blender (Google will lead you to it) and export it as a NIF that way (.NIF is the file format for meshes in Bethesda games). The only problem with that is that the NIF plugin for Blender is pretty confusing, and it's hard to find the right information on the proper settings for export. The second option, which will probably be much easier, is to just save the sword as an .OBJ file in Blender (you don't need a plugin to do that) and then use a program called Outfit Studio to convert it into a .NIF - Outfit Studio can be found on either the Skyrim or Fallout 4 mod pages as "Bodyslide and Outfit Studio" (the program is the same on both pages). OS (Outfit Studio) is mostly a program to work with armors and clothing, but it is very versatile and can do a lot more than that. There should be plenty of tutorials if you search something like "Convert .OBJ to .NIF with Outfit Studio".

If it's for another game series, then unfortunately I'll be of no help, but again, you should post in the subforum for the game in question, as you're more likely to receive a good response there.

• 2 months later...

I could help you but I am not sure what it is that you need done. Are you asking for someone to texture the weapon? If so I could do that for you. I would need to know what game it is for as different games use different engines to render the items in it and that can cause items like swords that have metal to look very different from game to game.