DRAGONBORN-Miraak fix wayaround (Console)

reisack

Hi
Since i couldn't find a topic about this, im posting this.

This way around is for those who cant finish the MQ and want to keep playing and proceed without killing MIraak. (Im tired of trying).

First u must be in the final battle place with miraak. Once there u type this on the console:

setstage dlc2mq06 580 (A pedestal with a book will appear)

and then

setstage dlc2mq06 600 (Miraak and the dragons will disappear)

After this u can now exit to soulstain through the book.

If u want the loot from miraak here it is:

Player.AddItem <ItemID> <#>

(Only use one at a time)

Miraak's Mask
00039D2F (light armor)
00039FA3 (Heavy armor)

Miraak's Staff
00039fa6
00039fac
00039fad

Miraak's Gloves
0002B0F9

Miraak's Robes
00039D1E
00039D20
00039D22

Miraak's Boots
0003D2AF

Miraak's Sword
00039FB4

Now u can keep playing as it should be. :wink:

Edited by reisack

I've tried this and it works! Thank you :)

There is, however, one problem with this solution- the battle music keeps playing even after you leave Apocrypha and unless you turn music off altogether, it NEVER stops.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

Other than that, good workaround, thanks.

i had the same problem. fought miraak multiple times and couldn't finish the quest. i tried removing Animated Prostitution mod and the Dance of death mod and everything worked perfectly!!! iv'e finished the quest without using any console commands. so i figure, remove every animation mod and you should be fine.

you should be able to see the miraak getting impaled. getting back to solstheim is still buggy though...

Edited by walimunky

• 2 weeks later...

i have a problem, when i tried to get the items it would not work, what are the xx suppose to mean?

The first 2 digits of the code. click on Miraak while in the console and look at the code on the screen. the first 2 digits of that code are what you replace the xx with.

Well I simply disabled the last dragon he absorbs with the console command and that fixed for me. I use dance of death.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This really helped me out, though I'd like to add something about the item IDs. The leading zeros in front won't work for some people depending on their install order. For me, the two leading digits had to be 03 instead of 00 like in the OP. This is why in the wiki, DLC specific items are listed with xx's instead. You can type help "miraak's sword" into the console to see the correct ID for it. The two leading numbers will be constant for all DB specific items.

As for the glitch itself, I've found a few interesting things by messing around with console commands for the past few hours:

If Miraak fails to absorb a dragon soul and remains ethereal as a result, you can spawn another dragon via console with it's base ID and then just kill it yourself. Doing this, I was able to get Miraak to successfully absorb a soul literally every time. The only catch is that you can only spawn any given dragon once. Killing them a second time will never produce another soul, and will just leave a non-skeletal carcass lying on the floor.

After typing setstage dlc2mq06 500 I was able to get herma mora to do his impaling thing by selecting Miraak in the console, typing disable, hitting ~ to close the console allowing him to disappear, then opening it again and typing enable without changing the target ID. When Miraak reappears, the final impaling scene should take place and the book will rise as it normally does, allowing you to travel back to Solstheim. However, Miraak's skeletal remains will never appear afterward, so you can't loot him normally.

While attempting to fix this, I was able to spawn a second copy of Miraak by typing player.placeatme 3017938 into the console. There are a few other npc IDs for Miraak available, but I haven't tried them yet. Without the scripted boss fight shenanigans, he should go down pretty easy, allowing you to loot his (still non-skeletal for some reason) corpse. Doing this, you should be able to acquire all of his items but the sword, which will still need to be spawned manually. If I find an ID that produces the appropriate skeletal remains when killed, I'll update this post

Also, typing removemusic dlc2muscombatboss will switch off the constantly looping battle music.

Edited by SuperMilfChan

• 2 months later...