Heavy Traffic ×

DRAGONBORN-Miraak fix wayaround (Console)

reisack

• 2 months later...

Actually, it is a hell of a lot simpler than that.

I haven't tested this method with my animation mods active so keep that in mind

Step 1: access console

Step 2: Click on Miraak

Step 3: type- resethealth

Step 4: hit enter

This will set Miraak's health back to full and he should then re-materialize and fight you

The only downside I can really say is you have to do this every time he takes a dragon soul. From what I can tell the glitch is that he does not recover all of his health from the dragon souls which seems to be caused by the amount of damage you do to him before he becomes ethereal.

You do not have to worry about when he runs out of dragons, everything will progress as it normally does and Herma Morra will kill him.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This will set Miraak's health back to full and he should then re-materialize and fight you

The only downside I can really say is you have to do this every time he takes a dragon soul. From what I can tell the glitch is that he does not recover all of his health from the dragon souls which seems to be caused by the amount of damage you do to him before he becomes ethereal.

You do not have to worry about when he runs out of dragons, everything will progress as it normally does and Herma Morra will kill him.

I did this. Everything worked fine, until he killed Sahrotaar. After he killed him, he started to try killing Relonikiv, even though he was dead.

is there a work around on this?

Edited by whymf

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's been long, but besides the ethereal bug I have encountered another bugs, after killing all his 3 dragons, and solving the ethereal bug by resethealth method, I've taken down enough health to bring him to the impale scene, but after he was impaled with the tentacles, it stays there, no Herma-talk, nothing, setstage command did not work, no skill-resetting pedestrial coming out, the skaal villagers were stuck in the stage where they keep telling me to kill miraak.......I'm stuck here watching miraak getting impaled but nothing more happened. I'm using the latest unofficial skyrim and dragonborn patch, along with deadly dragons, dragon combat overhaul, miraak follower (long disabled before the fight).

Anyone could help? I have already restarted my game 3 times trying to get past the glitch, don't really want to do it again T_T

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I did this. Everything worked fine, until he killed Sahrotaar. After he killed him, he started to try killing Relonikiv, even though he was dead.

is there a work around on this?

I have the EXACT same issue. I've taken off all miraak and dragon mods, i've tried using the commands, and i've tried going to a previous save. And nothing has worked. I think this is a more serious bug that should be looked at more closely than the ethernal mod. Since there is a way around that one.

Yep. Same issue. Unofficial Dragonborn Patch was called a suspected culprit, so I unticked that, but it's the same. There's no use trying to hold off on attacking him so he can keep a certain amount of health, since one frost blast from my dragon quickly erases his health. Also, my dragon has a frack-ton of health, so even if Miraak lays on him, Miraak will be the first to run out of health.

I've seen online vids where Miraak simply casts some spell or something that ends my dragon when the other 2 are gone, but that does not happen in my game. I have seen my dragon defeated bedore, but he just lays there, and Miraak stays in his ready-stance, while not attacking unless I stagger him somehow, like with a shout, or a fireball. Then, he pretends to heal himself, and shouts at me, and casts Shock.

I figured this bug would have been fixed at some point. :-/