I am new to Vortex and i have no idea what i'm doing wrong.

DeepSpaceNova

So when i download mods for bannerlord no matter what mod it is, it always tells me the mod is redundant and i should uninstall it. The deployment always fails and i do not know what i am doing wrong.

I have mod staging folder at : F:\vortex mods\mountandblade2bannerlord
Downloads at : C:\user\myname\appdata\roaming\vortex\downloads

Game itself is at : F > steam games > steamapps > common > mountandblade2bannerlord

https://gyazo.com/263b0398ae2667b6988fee2b4bf63360?token=f99bae3d0e294689d388665853f92594

Edited by DontAskY

Looks like the "REDUNDANT" bug is back

I have no idea what you're referring to here HTR. You're also jumping immediately to a conclusion. My post below explains what's happening here.

So when i download mods for bannerlord no matter what mod it is, it always tells me the mod is redundant and i should uninstall it. The deployment always fails and i do not know what i am doing wrong.

Game itself is at : F > steam games > steamapps > common > mountandblade2bannerlord

https://gyazo.com/263b0398ae2667b6988fee2b4bf63360?token=f99bae3d0e294689d388665853f92594

Your screenshot shows two alerts. Firstly 3 files could not be deployed. Second, it says some mods are redundant. These are related.

"Feel the hit" has 3 files, all of which failed to deploy, Vortex has noticed that none of the files from that mod are being deployed so it has marked it as redundant.

You'll need to check your Vortex.log file in appdata\Roaming\Vortex for the exact reason, but it's possible that Vortex isn't allowed to write to the modules folder.

I entered developer mode through windows settings and now i am not getting the error for the deployment issue. Now the game is crashing every time i use vortex to launch the game even without mods. It crashes no matter what i do using vortex.

Are you saying the game starts properly via Steam, but not through Vortex? What if you open the "Official Launcher" from your dashboard in Vortex, does it still crash then?

n

I have no idea what you're referring to here HTR. You're also jumping immediately to a conclusion. My post below explains what's happening here.

I see, he added the screenshot AFTER I answered.

nope, that screenshot had always been there.

Your screenshot shows two alerts. Firstly 3 files could not be deployed. Second, it says some mods are redundant. These are related.

"Feel the hit" has 3 files, all of which failed to deploy, Vortex has noticed that none of the files from that mod are being deployed so it has marked it as redundant.

You'll need to check your Vortex.log file in appdata\Roaming\Vortex for the exact reason, but it's possible that Vortex isn't allowed to write to the modules folder.

I entered developer mode through windows settings and now i am not getting the error for the deployment issue. Now the game is crashing every time i use vortex to launch the game even without mods. It crashes no matter what i do using vortex.

Are you saying the game starts properly via Steam, but not through Vortex? What if you open the "Official Launcher" from your dashboard in Vortex, does it still crash then?

Yes i am saying running with vortex crashes every time. going through steam it works just fine.

For the reason why, i am not sure since i do not know what i am looking for inside said folder to know what the reason why it is redundant. As to how to make it so vortex can write into the folder, it can and has been but nothing is being done.

n

I see, he added the screenshot AFTER I answered.

nope, that screenshot had always been there.

Oh well, I missed it

Have you clicked on SHOW on the Redundant notification to see what it says?

Because I have one showing up in Skyrim Special Edition, but I ignore it, because while both mods have ONE CELL in common with each other that they both change, I have the mod loading before the other so it doesn't have that cells changed

If you click on SHOW on that notification we can see what the problem is, that's the whole point of the notifications