Game-specific Notifications Survey

Pickysaurus

Hi everyone!

You might remember we had a bit of a problem with the site notifications at the end of September and I mentioned at the time we were already well underway on building a shiny new replacement to the entire notifications system.

Since then, a question has been raised about the usefulness of the "game-specific" setting that is currently an option for notifications. We'd like to involve you guys in the conversation to get a true feel of the community opinion of this feature.

To take part, please first complete the short and sweet survey linked below. Then - if you have any additional thought to share - post them in this topic.

Take the survey here

The survey is now closed.

The survey will only be open for a short time. If you are interested in the results, let me know and I'll add a summary to this thread once we've collected all the responses.

Thank you for taking part!

Interesting, however the feature is not very useful for me as I play multiple games. A tracked games tab in the tracked mods section, with checkboxes to toggle notifications would be fine though.

For more granular control, maybe you should add an option to mod author tracking that allows us to filter by upload type (e.g. you only want to be notified when a tracked author uploads a mod, but you want to filter out image uploads. )

Interesting, however the feature is not very useful for me as I play multiple games. A tracked games tab in the tracked mods section, with checkboxes to toggle notifications would be fine though.

For more granular control, maybe you should add an option to mod author tracking that allows us to filter by upload type (e.g. you only want to be notified when a tracked author uploads a mod, but you want to filter out image uploads. )

This is pretty much what I was implying when I said "more granular control". I can't confirm anything just yet, but I expect will have controls similar to those you describe at a point in the future.

Game-specific notifications is one of those features I value greatly, because it saves my time (I have to keep an eye on my own mods notifications and mods I track for that game). If I want to see all my notifications - I just go to nexus homepage and see them all there. It's just 2 clicks away. If game-specific feature gets removed and replaced with multiple settings to sort notifications by author or some other criteria - that wouldn't be easy to use nor to replicate current game-specific behaviour (bold assumption of course).