Daggers suddenly changed position?

RG4327

I've just noticed that the daggers are now placed differently, clipping while crouching. Before this they were always carried like swords in Skyrim SE.
I don't have any mods installed that would change the position of weapons.

As far as I know, it just changed somehow.

Does anyone know how this could have happened or how I can fix it?

I just want the dagger to be placed on the hip like it did before. I can't stand clipping >_<

EDIT: It changed back again... No idea how or why though. Must've been hitting the skooma to hard or something

Edited by RG4327

It changed back again, sigh....

I don't really understand this xD

I've downloaded XMPSSE and FNIS and it did fix the problem. But only for the females.

However, there was a downsideto this, I tend to play as a mage and basically all the enemies now drop dead when I kill them with a barrage of fireballs.

To put simply, they don't get blown away anymore. It's like spells don't have any force behind them

I've removed those mods again and went back to an earlier save.

Spells blow enemies away again, but the dagger problem remains.

Ugh, is there someway I can change the dagger position (for male and female) myself without the use of mods?
Maybe in SSEEdit, CC or nifskope?

The mod below is almost the solution I'm looking for, but it is only for males and not for females or beast races.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55401/

Much appreciated!!

Edited by RG4327

TBH, (and yeah I know, it sucks when it happens) it sounds to me like you're quickly approaching "Reload an old save from well before this crap started!" status. Outside a new mod that might be at the root, that's the only certain (or almost certain) fix for problems of this sort **in my experience**

Then the culprit has to be a mod, because going back to the earliest saves didn't fix anything.

Still, I find it weird since I don't have any mod installed that would change the dagger position.

Sigh, time to find out which one could be doing this...

EDIT: I'd rather attempt to find out how this mod works and apply it to females and the beast races as well. -_-

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55401/

Edited by RG4327

I already did that but it doesn't work, which is weird.

The rest of the mods aren't to blame since my character at the time used a dagger so I would have noticed.

I'm just going to try and fix it eventually by looking into that one mod I mentioned before. Not that I really know what to do xD

By pure coincidence I discovered the mod that changed the dagger's position. It is the newest update of Elemental Destruction.
Apparently it isn't compatible with mods that change the position of daggers and that's why it was fixed in the newest update.
However, I just happened to like daggers being carried like a sword.

Gone back to a previous version now. Problem solved!

Thanks for all the suggestions!