SkyrimVR intermitent freezing

KaienH

Been bashing my head against the wall trying to solve this issue I've been experiencing lately. There are a lot of cases exactly or very similar to mine but no fix or clear cause of why it happens.

The game is fine the first couple of hours of gameplay, but after doing a few quests the freezes start to creep in. On every new playthrough.

I do have mods installed, here is my mod list: https://pastebin.com/hYTnQDhh

Since I don't get the freezing on a new playthrough I can't disable mods one by one to find the culprit mod. At a certain point the save won't load. Cleaning the save won't help.

I turned on the Papyrus log to see what it says... here it is: https://pastebin.com/nbrJTTiz

It didn't help me figure out what was happening when the game starts to freeze except that I get this line: 'Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:' and when the game comes back (after ~30s) I get this line : 'error: VM timed out while waiting to freeze! Stacks will not be dumped'

When it's not freezing the game runs completely smooth. But I noticed that the GPU usage drops to almost 0 when it starts freezing and goes back to around 60% when the games comes back on, while the CPU has no drops.

I run windows 10 and I have a 1080TI, i5 2,70 GHz, 8 Gb RAM. GPU temperature is around 60- 68C when in game. I can play other games like Half life Alix with no problems

I really don't know what to do... Running the game without mods is out of the question so I would very much like to play this game again, please

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I have found the root of my freeze problem, it's amazing follower tweak. It is also on the list of the member KalenH who had the same problem. I removed it, cleaned the save, and bingo.

I hope this can help others.