Expanded Blacksmith Menu

StorytellerArc

I'll say right away that through I enjoy adding mods to my games. My modding skills is next to none, so I have aboslutely no idea if what I'm asking is possible.

But with the Sky U.I. MCM, Race Menu, and so on... I think it might be possible, as its already been shown the menu manipulation is possible.

So, the Blacksmiting menu. It does the job well, dividing what you can smith into the different materials. Which in the vanillia game, is all you really need.

However, when you start adding in mods with many weapons and armours... the menu's start to get rather... big. Meaning it can take a lot of scrolling to find and smith what you want to smith.

The solution I've throught of? Well, how about catogrising the materials some more?

The catogries could range from something simply like weapon & armour, to something a bit more complex, like 1hd swords, 2hd swords, 1/2hd axes 1/2hd blunt, bows, crossbows, light armour chestpiece/helment/gaunlets/greaves/boots/shields & heavy armour armour chestpiece/helment/gaunlets/greaves/boots/shield. Which is quite a lot of categories...

Or perhaps do the armours by armour set? So all of the steel nordic are found under a 'steel nordic' tab, while say... the Vanguard armour or hedgeknight armour are under another tab?

Basicly, the purpose of the idea is to cut down on how much scrolling one must do in the Blacksmith Menu, make it more clean & efficant, make it easier to navigate and search for praticular items. That's what the Sky U.I does for the main menu right? So won't it be possible to do something similar for the blacksmithing menu?

MonoGami, on 04 Mar 2013 - 12:02, said:

Smithing Perks Reworked http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106574611

and

Lorecraft http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9959

both use books that you need to activate/have in your inventory to get the items into your smithing menu. dropping the books remove the items from the menu. I really like that solution.

I do not like that solution. I've been doing a new playthrough with lorecraft and it's a pain in the butt to manage. I like where the OP was going. I'd love something that has the same menu style as SkyUI and RaceMenu. Being able to use the search function to filter the options would be heaven itself.

Edit: OOOO using MCM to recatergoize items would rock too. Like, with the throwing weapons mod, the dragonbone throwing knives end up in the miscellaneous category. You could use MCM to select that you'd like it to show in the Dragon category instead.

Edited by Astrokid248

Yeah, I do know about Lorecraft, but its hard to manage and not for everyone.

Plus, I'm unsure how well it handles modded weapons & armour, which is the big problem here. I'm okay with the blacksmith menu normally, but once you start adding weapons & armour mods, it quickly grows and becomes cluttered.

Hence the suggestion of a Sky U.I/Racemenu like redo for the blacksmithing menu.

I'd like to see a menu that splits the blacksmith menu into two main categories with subcategories. Two main categories: Weapons & Armour. Subcategories: weapon/armour material

• 3 months later...