Help with mods?

solsticerunr

Can anyone help me? I have had mods on my game before with the modmanager. But I have a new laptop now and downloaded vortex, redid all the dlc I wanted and installed em through that. However, not a single one popping up in the game. Any help? Should I just have done it manually?

Thanks guys

Don't use Vortex to mod DAO. It doesn't work correctly, when installing DAzip packaged mods. (It often only recognizes the last DAzip installed, and removes previously installed DAzip mods and DLC.)

You don't need a mod manager to install manual override mods. Just decompress the archive (zip, rar, or 7zip) and copy/paste (or move) the files to the games override folder. ([drive letter]:\Users\[your name]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override).

To install DAzip mods, either use the installer packaged with the game (DAupdater.exe, found in the game's bin_ship folder), or use one of the tried and true 3rd party mod managers for the game, if you want something that will also ininstall mods. (Either DAO ModManager or DAModder... I personally recommend the former.)

Mods packaged as .override archives (i.e. configurable mods like NBaio) must be installed with DAO ModManager, as per the mod's install instructions.

Edited by theskymoves

• 8 months later...

Hello. I have a problem with Dragon Age Origins. It crashes after a very short time. It happens always at the beginning of Ostagar. The Mods that i use are the following:

Dalish Mage Robe, CC Extra Tints & Tones, Chantry of Ferelden, Circle Initiate, DA - Eyes, DA - Vallaslin,da2_armour-light,da2_elf,Dalish Armor Replacement,Dalish Textures, Dalish-Quest. All Mods from DracoAngel,earring_hair, Eyebrow,Face and Eye textures, Gilded Lily, Gizmodian,Grey Wardens of Ferelden, HairColors, Hairstyle Day, HD Stbl-presets,Loincloth Fashion, Pts Vibrant Colors, Roma Victa tat colors, Sabrae Clan Farewell, Templars of Ferelden, Tevinter Nights, Tucked Hair, Witcher 2 hair,Dracomies Textures, Armored Ogres of Ferelden, Wardens of Ferelden, RLs Kirkwall Emporium, Rls Fashion Bazaar and Kirkwall Exports.

Hope you can help me. Thank you in Advance.

@AlexiosGrell ~ You should create a new discussion, specific to your issue, rather than piggy-backing off of an unrelated topic. In addition to your mod list, other helpful information would be

• the version of the game (DAO Ultimate Edition, DAO only, DAO + individual DLC; and Origin, Steam, GOG, physical media...)
  • how you installed mods (daupdater.exe, DAO ModManager, DAModder, Vortex, NMM, MO2, ???)
  • have you applied either the 4GB patch or Large Address Aware patch?
  • have you tried running the game in a compatibility mode, i.e. Windows XP SP3?

Links to each of the mods installed would also be helpful. :thumbsup: