Heavy Traffic ×

Realistic Lockpicking

gunchaparmy3162

To start off, yes, I am subscribed to the Lockpicking Lawyer and that is how I came up with this idea. Anyways.

My idea for a realistic lockpicking mod would be one that allows you to use various real world lockpicking techniques in FO4 outside of standard picking. Here's a list of what I mean.

Shimming: Use a thin slice of metal to push the spring holding the shackle back. (Requires shim.)

Raking: Insert a wave rake into the lock and just slide it back and forth really quickly through the lock. (Requires wave rake, maybe a bobby pin could work?)

Wrapping: When all else fails, hit the lock with a hammer till the lock body falls off. (Requires hammer)

Cutting: Just grab a pair of bolt cutters and cut the shackle. (Requires bolt cutters.)

Bypass: Some locks have various ways to simply by pass their locking mechanisms, most commonly electrical locks. Just stick a pick into the right spot, going right past the locking mechanism or closing the circuit to the lock, and it just pops the lock open. (Requires bobby pin.)

Jiggling: Most commonly used on safes, just stick a wafer jiggler in there and jiggle it all around and you'll get it open.

Kicking: Just kick the door down. If the deadbolt isn't too strong, and you're strong enough, you should be able to.

All of these methods will vary in viability depending, and in the case of kicking, sound, depending on what lock you're trying to open and how hard it is (Though to be frank, too many people in the world of FO4 rely on Masterlocks it seems). If anyone wants to follow-up on this idea, let me know.