Weird and Obscure TTW Glitch That Breaks the Game

TLC77

So, first off, I am using MO2 and I do have the 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 patches. What I discovered is that, whenever I uninstall ANY mod, Megaton completely loses all of it's meshes except for the houses and when I try to go into it, I arrive at some weird underwater location well down the cell and I already encountered this bug which I thought was caused by the NMC Installer Package which forced me to reinstall the game and TTW. The point is, even if I re-add the mod, Megaton is still broken (I did not test for other areas) and I don't understand why this is happening or how to fix it without reinstalling. Thanks.

Anytime you attempt to remove any mod from an existing "save game" configuration you run the risk of corrupting things. At a minimum you need to follow the procedure in the 'Clean Saves' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

MO2 is an "empty Data folder" type of mod manager. What this means is that it uses the "profile" to tell it which files (both vanilla game and mods) are to be "symlinked" into the game "Data" folder for any given play session, based upon what you have configured for that chosen "profile". It sounds like you are attempting to use a different profile with a particular "save game", which is missing those files in that configuration. If you are setting up a different "profile" you either need to copy over an existing profile or build one from scratch.

I don't use such managers, and the problem is not specific to FNV/TTW. You need to read the documentation more carefully (if I understand this much without using it, you certainly should as well) and ask about such issues in a support forum dedicated to MO2. (And if I have it wrong, the documentation is the authoritative source.)

Missing meshes (the "red exclamation marks") mean the game is not finding the files that are supposed to be installed. (This is why I believe you are having a problem between your "profile" and your "save game file".) To add complexity to the situation NMC is a VWD/LOD mod, which is a different beast than the usual "texture" replacements for "objects" like weapons or clothing. Please see the 'LOD/VWD Texture Packs' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. If you add (or remove) any VWD/LOD textures (such as NMC, Vurt's WFO, or Ojo Bueno), please see the 'Checklist Item #15 & 16' entries in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide regarding the need to run both TES4LL and FNVLODGen; or xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL. Also recommend you read the 'LOD/VWD Texture Packs' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article first.

-Dubious-

Anytime you attempt to remove any mod from an existing "save game" configuration you run the risk of corrupting things. At a minimum you need to follow the procedure in the 'Clean Saves' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

MO2 is an "empty Data folder" type of mod manager. What this means is that it uses the "profile" to tell it which files (both vanilla game and mods) are to be "symlinked" into the game "Data" folder for any given play session, based upon what you have configured for that chosen "profile". It sounds like you are attempting to use a different profile with a particular "save game", which is missing those files in that configuration. If you are setting up a different "profile" you either need to copy over an existing profile or build one from scratch.

I don't use such managers, and the problem is not specific to FNV/TTW. You need to read the documentation more carefully (if I understand this much without using it, you certainly should as well) and ask about such issues in a support forum dedicated to MO2. (And if I have it wrong, the documentation is the authoritative source.)

Missing meshes (the "red exclamation marks") mean the game is not finding the files that are supposed to be installed. (This is why I believe you are having a problem between your "profile" and your "save game file".) To add complexity to the situation NMC is a VWD/LOD mod, which is a different beast than the usual "texture" replacements for "objects" like weapons or clothing. Please see the 'LOD/VWD Texture Packs' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. If you add (or remove) any VWD/LOD textures (such as NMC, Vurt's WFO, or Ojo Bueno), please see the 'Checklist Item #15 & 16' entries in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide regarding the need to run both TES4LL and FNVLODGen; or xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL. Also recommend you read the 'LOD/VWD Texture Packs' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article first.

-Dubious-

First and foremost, I am not trying to load a save game with a different profile, I uninstalled a mod and I launched the save game from the same profile. Secondly, even if I start a new game and go to Megaton, it is still broken and I still spawn/appear at some underwater location beneath the map.

We can only go by what you tell us. And nothing you've said tells us anything different than that somehow you removed something you shouldn't have. Old game or new, ending up "under" the ground or water means you are missing some part of the worldspace so the character is dropping below "the surface" because they are not colliding with the expected "ground level/floor" when dropped into that cell. That the problem occurs with a "new game" means it's missing some files fundamental to that profile.

Many "overhaul" mods (like TTW) replace vanilla files. (This is why "install order" is just as significant as, but different from, "load order".) Merely "replacing" them after you uninstall a mod does not automatically mean you have "repaired" the damage done. Sometimes, wiping out the game folder and starting over from scratch (in your case perhaps just a new "clean" profile without attempting to copy over the existing one) is all you can do in order to get that "install order" correct. It becomes a question of which you think will take more time: trying to find a "quick fix repair" or "biting the bullet".

-Dubious-