Translucent armor texture culls everything underneath.

Almonexger

First time Fallout modder, and first time editing character meshes.

So essentially I am trying to convert T6M armor to Type3BG, although it hasn't been easy as just using the sculpt tool. I have encountered many issues, but was successfully exporting 1 armor modification, however I have no idea how I got this texture issue. Basically the body part of the armor is what's to be translucent, but it culls everything underneath it. I have compared inside Nifskope both my Type3BG edit and T6M settings but haven't seen anything different. Anyone know what causes this? thanks.

I am also using blender with the nifskope addon.

The image to the left I am assuming is the Type 3BG. If you look, you will notice that the thighs are covering the legs of the scientist outfit. You need to enlarge the legs of the suit so that they will cover the legs of the body. Not being able to see the back, it looks like there is a slight misalignment between the thighs of the Type 3BG and the legs of the Type 6M.

There is a tool available on Lover's Lab called Clothing Converter that will convert any armor to any other body shape. It does a decent job but still requires tweaking in Blender.