2 questions, one regarding hat height and other one regarding TTW

Roostersito

Hello, everyone i come here to ask if there is a way to modify hat height with geck, thing is, there are a few hairstyles that clip through the hat and i'd like to know if i can adjust the height of the hat, doesn't matter if it floats for other characterss, perhaps using GECK or something, i'm not very knowledgable on it but i can learn.

second, is it safe to install TTW midgame or should i start a new game after i install it?

Edited by Roostersito

The GECK has no concept of hat height. That is defined in the hat's nif.

You can use NifSkope to change the location of the hat with respect to the head. Note that NifSkope will also accidentally end up rotating the hat by 90 degrees so you'll have to fix that as well. The easiest way to fix it is to just rotate the entire hat 90 degrees in the opposite direction.

You can also scale the hat up a bit, which helps with some hairstyles.

Make sure to apply the transforms before saving the nif.

If the hat is from the vanilla game, you'll have to extract it from the BSA files so that you can edit it.

You can use NifSkope to change the location of the hat with respect to the head. Note that NifSkope will also accidentally end up rotating the hat by 90 degrees so you'll have to fix that as well. The easiest way to fix it is to just rotate the entire hat 90 degrees in the opposite direction.

You can also scale the hat up a bit, which helps with some hairstyles.

Thank you very much, this helped a lot