feature wishlist

tentos

Was wondering if a means to back up a mod list and vortex settings (or just make it portable) would make its way into Vortex for those occasions when you have to reinstall the program. Right now if you reinstall windows you're basically forced to start Vortex from scratch even if it's installed on a different drive and if that wasn't enough metadata for the mods are wiped too. This leaves me to delete and redownload every mod I want so I can continue to receive updates (unfortunately, the guess id function in my experience does not do enough to correct the issues), this is not practical as it wastes time and the server's bandwidth. Having a sort of manifest that logs a mod's filename, version, and web URL and updates along with the mod would better protect against inevitable issues by allowing you to restore metadata when Vortex decides to forget, or could allow you redownload the right mix of mods when that GameDrive dies, or just allow people to share their own mixtape of mods for those interested. I would also like to see Vortex receive a portable option, not just installed on a different drive as this causes issues when Windows needs to be reinstalled which in my case tends to be way too often, or just backup the settings so that they can be restored later.