"If you use mods in Dying Light, you will be banned." - Techland

GRUmod

Pulled fresh from their discord. They do not support modders and actively ban them.

Are they not aware most games that want any replayability and longetivity and community actually support mods?

What is your guys thoughts about this?

I am sure as hell not getting Dying Light 2 because of this. I won't support them.

• 2 months later...

Mods can mean a variety of things, I don't think they mean alterations you make to tweak gameplay to your liking like more zombies, faster zombies, ect. I think they mean the people duping weapons, god mode and all the other types of cheats that pollute other peoples gameplay. Rockstar openly supports mods, but they don't support modding in their online modes which players cheat.

• 3 weeks later...

Mods can mean a variety of things, I don't think they mean alterations you make to tweak gameplay to your liking like more zombies, faster zombies, ect. I think they mean the people duping weapons, god mode and all the other types of cheats that pollute other peoples gameplay. Rockstar openly supports mods, but they don't support modding in their online modes which players cheat.

Nope. I got banned from their discord just because I asked if is there any way to disable blooms, dust particles, sun ray without modding the game and someone said "there is a mod for that?" and I've said yes I saw it but dont remember it and then the guy put a mod link in the chat for dust particle asking "this one?" but it wasnt the one I saw so I went on the site to finally find it, it was a mix of all like disabling dust, all the weird blooms etc. and the put the link myself too and got perma banned for sharing a "cheating site", nexus. Without a warning too. I've tried to contact people like moderators and they said the rules are really strict for DL discord servers since devs themselves control it and they dont have a word for it.

And the mod I've been looking for is for my eyes too. The weird filters the game has hurts my eyes. Had to get glasses because of it. And finally found a mod which improves that, improves my health, improves the performance by like around 20-30 fps too by removing all that unnecessary things while also making the textures a bit more sharp, making it look much better while not giving any advantages over other players or something.

Them not adding anything to the game to disable these affects that concerns other players and then ban them for that?! Pretty bullshit imo.

And on top of that you cant play with other players if you have it just visually "modded". I just want to be able to play the game with others without getting my eyes die on me. Not to stick to unvac games full of cheaters and modded items. So I suggested they should add an option to disable it on everywhere but they kept ignoring me too.