I don't want to own that!

fluffcookie

Hello, modders and fellow wanderers!

In my recent playthrough, I wanted to own only a few settlements but make those "gems of the wasteland". The problem I have come across is that the game pretty much shoves all those settlements and workshops your way - you end up with a bunch you never asked for.

I tried fiddling myself but failed since I lack knowledge of how to solve my issue... :sad:

Would anyone be willing to make a mod that would add a prompt or disable immediate ownership of workshops? What I had in mind is you get a prompt asking if you want to own this settlement (Yes / No, maybe later). If you select "No" you could own the settlement later by interacting with the workshop (similar to how you can gain access to Sanctuary right after you exit vault 111 by interacting with it).

I cannot be the only one frustrated with having 20 settlements when I actually only use and grow a couple of them. I would be happy to donate through paypal or buymeacoffe (or similar) to anyone willing to help me avoid owning the whole Commonwealth. Support for FarHarbour would be highly appreciated <3

Edited by fluffcookie

In my recent playthrough, I wanted to own only a few settlements but make those "gems of the wasteland". The problem I have come across is that the game pretty much shoves all those settlements and workshops your way - you end up with a bunch you never asked for.

I tried fiddling myself but failed since I lack knowledge of how to solve my issue... :sad:

Would anyone be willing to make a mod that would add a prompt or disable immediate ownership of workshops? What I had in mind is you get a prompt asking if you want to own this settlement (Yes / No, maybe later). If you select "No" you could own the settlement later by interacting with the workshop (similar to how you can gain access to Sanctuary right after you exit vault 111 by interacting with it).

I cannot be the only one frustrated with having 20 settlements when I actually only use and grow a couple of them. I would be happy to donate through paypal or buymeacoffe (or similar) to anyone willing to help me avoid owning the whole Commonwealth. Support for FarHarbour would be highly appreciated <3

What I do is I simply move the settlers to another settlement when they arrive. Don't put up any beacons or whatever. Once you claim a settlement one or two settlers always arive, but afterwards they do not come anymore. Empty settlements only show up in your list, but they will not be attacked nor lose happiness. They stay empty as well. Nothing happens to them. It's the simplest solution. I do this all the time and works like a charm. You can even use them as a connection hub for provisioners. As long as the provisioners belong to other settlements. I use Red Rocket next to sanctuary as a connection hub for instance.

Can't accept money for a mod.

With that said Sim Settlements allow for cities built by the game and not you.

No way. Sim settlements has the buildings construct themselves, but you need more time investment into settlements than with Vanilla to actually manage them. You're better off building a few houses with beds, food and water yourself. Way faster. I quit using Sim settlements since it was far to time consuming.

Edited by AeonsLegend

What I do is I simply move the settlers to another settlement when they arrive. Don't put up any beacons or whatever. Once you claim a settlement one or two settlers always arive, but afterwards they do not come anymore. Empty settlements only show up in your list, but they will not be attacked nor lose happiness. They stay empty as well. Nothing happens to them. It's the simplest solution. I do this all the time and works like a charm. You can even use them as a connection hub for provisioners. As long as the provisioners belong to other settlements. I use Red Rocket next to sanctuary as a connection hub for instance.

No way. Sim settlements has the buildings construct themselves, but you need more time investment into settlements than with Vanilla to actually manage them. You're better off building a few houses with beds, food and water yourself. Way faster. I quit using Sim settlements since it was far to time consuming.

Sim settlements has a setting for pre-established cities once the mod is activated. You literally push a button to do that after loading the mod settings.

Sim settlements has a setting for pre-established cities once the mod is activated. You literally push a button to do that after loading the mod settings.

So you don't have to put down plots and power them and then assign people and then take hours of your day making sure the settlement keeps running?

I may have missed this in the configuration options. Was kind of like a frikking bible worth of options. I couldn't find an option that let settlers actually do everything themselves without me needing to build a single thing.

Edited by AeonsLegend

Yeah look up the Sim Settlement cities. You can even assign followers (and other custom characters) as leaders who each have a design unique to them that they build and it upgrades as it collects supplies and you contribute (you don't have to do anything just makes it faster). SimS is great because it is just as much hands off as a much as a deeper settlement system then vanilla. I used to be on the SimS team (I made the faces for like 16 characters) the mod is quite extensive and complicated for sure.

What I do is I simply move the settlers to another settlement when they arrive.

I wish to just leave the settlements as they are. For example the small farm north of Bunker Hill, Finch farm, or tarberry farm (the ghoul settlement on may to asylum). I like having some life there. B

It is a donation in a form of "thank you for making this awesome thing". Since I posted a request I am willing to pay for a commission (as much as I actually can afford) since modding is a form of art and deserves to be treated as such.

Yeah look up the Sim Settlement cities.

I have used SimS before and it is not what I am looking for right now. What I am looking for is a way to disable the automatic ownership transfer of workshops/settlements as a reward for quests.

Edited by fluffcookie

I think fluffcookie needs to read the Terms and Policies. This time read the whole thing.

But I will save you some time and paste appropriate part here: Requesting or offering donations in exchange for any content or service will be considered solicitation and is therefore strictly prohibited.

I have underlined the relevant part.

Just completely ignore the settlement.

In true Bethesda fashion it will do nothing.

Just completely ignore the settlement.

In true Bethesda fashion it will do nothing.

Here I am, half an hour late for dinner. I can't believe that this wasn't the first answer for this post, it's the most obvious solution.