Fallout 3 GOTY on GFWL

Grizzly696

Hey guys, I'm having an issue which to be honest if putting me into a fit nerd raging.

Basically, I have not just 1 copy, but 2 of Fallout 3 GOTY on GFWL, but the 2nd disk is being non-responsive, I put the first disk in and no problem what-so-ever. But as soon as I put the 2nd in my disk drive nothing happened, it doesn't even show that it's come up on "My Computer" it thinks there's nothing in there. The disk conditions are absolutely fine and there no damage to either of the disks.

The Methods I've tried to fix this issue are waiting for up to 30 mins to see if it would pop into action as it's been suggested in various forums, and I've also booted my computer into "Safe Mode" and seen if it would solve the issue. Also I've tried installing the first disk, updating the game then tried installing the 2nd disk, but none of these have worked. I'm all out of ideas, and I'm trying to avoid having to buy Fallout 3 for a 3rd time on Steam just so I can play the game.

Anyone got any smart idea's or know of any fixes to resolve the issue?

A lot of people have this problem. Boot your computer in Safe Mode with networking. Navigate to the drive with the second disk. Open the files and start the installation. I have never had the second disk install with auto run. Make sure you have installed the base game in a location outside of Program Files.

Thanks for the fast response, but unfortunately it's still not working, despite Fallout 3 being saved in a different location, and being in safe mode with networking, it's not even coming up as there being an existing disk in my drive when inserting the DLC disk, however the first one is working perfectly fine.

Because of some hangup with the copy-protection scheme used, the second disc takes forever to trigger the UAC prompt. After it finally pops up and you select to continue, it proceeds as normal.

You can try temporarily disabling UAC in order to run the installer. It would be best to backup the ESM and BSA files for the DLCs afterward for future re-installs so you can just copy them to the Data directory instead of using the second disc.

I would love to get that far to be honest so I could just take all the data off the disk, but like I said earlier it's not even appearing in my drive.

you have secur rom installed from the main disc, nasty DRM control and it effects hardware readers. you need to Google "securom" and down load bot pieces of software, the diagnostic piece and the remover piece, the reason why you need both is after a reboot, you need to verify the launcher has been disinfected. If not, you have a real problem. the data DRM is Embedded into the launcher.exe for the game.

These tools should remove it as the tools are from that company. Untill you remove that DRM from your system, it will affect other things too, music dvd's, rental movies from RedBox. etc.etc... Not to mention it could damage the reader / DVD rom you have.

Kitty.

Can you still play the game after securom is removed?

Another point is that as a means of DRM it may violate the EULA to either bypass the installation of securom or remove it and then find a bypass to run the game in it's absence. Implying you will have to use means that will get you kicked from this site.

The only way to rid ourselves of this hardware (so I've read) damaging DRM garbage is that we stop buying the games in question. I don't mind the DRM as the publisher has a right to protect their product but don't screw me over in the process, such as damaging my hardware of violating my user rights.

Edited by mechatech