Setting up a Gargoyle ambush

Skurk

Background

Hi, I'm creating a mod at the moment featuring a clan of vampires that have taken refuge in and old nordic crypt. The vampires have recently moved over some Gargoyles to their new home, and I'm having difficulties setting up the Gargoyles correctly.

Problem

The Gargoyle statues explodes in a dustcloud, but the actual Gargoyle doesn't appear.

Current setup

I have looked at the setup the developers used for the Dawnguard DLC, and I've copied several of those setups from Castle Volikhar. They are utilizing four (4) components to setup the ambush, which are the following:

• DLC1GargoyleAmbushStatue
  • GargoyleAmbushMarker
  • DLC1LvlGargoyle_Ambush
  • defaultActivateSelfTRIG

Activation occurs in the following method:

Player enters defaultActivateSelfTRIG (a primitive), that is the Activate Parent for DLC1GargoyleAmbushStatue (an activator). DLC1GargoyleAmbushStatue in turn is the Activate Parent for DLC1LvlGargoyle_Ambush (actor) which in turn is connected to GargoyleAmbushMarker (furniture) via Linked Ref.

I honestly don't know why the actual Actor won't spawn since the statue explodes. If I were to guess the activation chain is broken between DLC1GargoyleAmbushStatue and DLC1LvlGargoyle_Ambush, since I assume the AmbushMarker is not the entity that provides the visual explosion.

Any help in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated, since my dungeon just wont be the same without those Gargoyles. Thanks!

Problem

The Gargoyle statues explodes in a dustcloud, but the actual Gargoyle doesn't appear.

I think you have to place a Gargoyle at the moment the statue explodes or enable him ^^

Problem

I think you have to place a Gargoyle at the moment the statue explodes or enable him ^^

Okay, I'm not totally sure what you mean though.

Option 1

"place a Gargoyle at the moment the statue explodes"

Don't know what you mean exactly.

Option 2

"or enable him"

Isn't he enabled already? All scripts are correct and the activation chain is intact.

Problem

Okay, I'm not totally sure what you mean though.

Option 1

"place a Gargoyle at the moment the statue explodes"

Don't know what you mean exactly.

Option 2

"or enable him"

Isn't he enabled already? All scripts are correct and the activation chain is intact.

What i meant is, place a Gargoyle on the same spot as your statue, set him to "initially Disabled", then once the Statue explodes Set him to Enabled.

ScritptName EnableGargoyle Extends ObjectReference

ObjectReference Property Gargoyle Auto

Event OnTrigger(ObjectReference akActionRef)
If (akActionRef == Game.GetPlayer())
Gargoyle.Enable()
EndIf
EndEvent