Hacking the XBOX

UberBender

None of this is illegal so don't delete this mods. :D

I have recently been trying to make my XBOX run Linux. XBOX-Linux

Does any one here know much about it?

I'll explain my situation.

I got the XBOX GameShark USB device thinking I could transfer MechInstaller on to it and to my XBOX.GameShark

Turns out that MechInstaller only works with Action Replay. (the file types are different)

Then I found out the GameShark hardware(USB device) will work with the Action Replay software. here

So I got the software and transfered MechInstaller to the ActionReplay software.

Now here is the problem, It wont detect the memory card. I deleted the GameSave Driver and am editing the .inf file for Action Replay to accept my GameShark USB device. here

I'm using USBView and doing exactly what it says but no dice. Any help?

Runnign Linux on the Xbox can have a multitude of positive reasons. From being able to run computer games on the Xbox to downloading mods for morrowind on the xbox. These and more perks can be obtained by running Linux on the Xbox. The problem is, that u wont be able to use xbox live after the Linux installment. Xbox lives immediatly cancels ur subscription if they detect Linux on your Xbox. (YEs they can do that.)

I think it all boils down to the fact that YOU CAN run linux on an Xbox. it's the same reason that people climb mountains, because they are there and they can do it. You just have to be a big enough geek to want to do it :D

Besides, linux is a hell of a system in any case. You can also set the Xbox up as a server if you get linux installed on it, it's a barebones server but it'll handle a bit and it ends up being cheaper than running your own computer set up as a server. I've known a few people who have done this with their XBOX and it's worked well for them.

What about an Alienware? Those are prebuilt and they kick butt! (if you can consider ordering a custom "prebuilt")

Anyway I've come to relize I was reading the instructions wrong.

I was supposed to keep the GameSave software and simply change the drivers.

But...

I've tried this many ways and it still dosent work!!!

*go's into corner and cries*

Archived