Need help to add blood map on a sword

rydercj

EDIT: Sorry I misread your post at first and thought you wanted to create a weapon from scratch... Severe lack of coffee...

You might have to update the sword's meshes to the new SE format.

Cathedral Assets Optimizer can do that almost automatically for you. Alternatively, you could also run the meshes through "Nif optimizer".

You shouldn't need to set up a blood mesh manually or anything. If the meshes are converted properly, they should work.

EDIT: Sorry I misread your post at first and thought you wanted to create a weapon from scratch... Severe lack of coffee...

You might have to update the sword's meshes to the new SE format.

Cathedral Assets Optimizer can do that almost automatically for you. Alternatively, you could also run the meshes through "Nif optimizer".

You shouldn't need to set up a blood mesh manually or anything. If the meshes are converted properly, they should work.

Thank you, I tried CAO, I didn't know this, but the same problem is here, no blood map so I think the author didn't create the blood map for this sword

You don't need a "map" for blood to appear on a weapon. What you need is a so-called "blood mesh". This is basically an invisible mesh for the parts of the weapon, where you want blood to be visible.

You can open the weapon's .nif file in Nifskope and check if there's a blood mesh. If there is, you should see an additional mesh part, usually named "blood... something". From my experience, blood meshes work very much the same way in both "Oldrim" and SE. So chances are that there really is no blood mesh.

You don't need a "map" for blood to appear on a weapon. What you need is a so-called "blood mesh". This is basically an invisible mesh for the parts of the weapon, where you want blood to be visible.

You can open the weapon's .nif file in Nifskope and check if there's a blood mesh. If there is, you should see an additional mesh part, usually named "blood... something". From my experience, blood meshes work very much the same way in both "Oldrim" and SE. So chances are that there really is no blood mesh.

There is nothing, I just saw on the mod page people saying this also to the author

"i really like this mod but no blood ever appears on the blade.

it really is my favorite weapon mod for skyrim (since the sword is so damn beutifull)

and the no blood glitch really kills the immersion."

is it possible to add them? in a easy way..

There is nothing, I just saw on the mod page people saying this also to the author

"i really like this mod but no blood ever appears on the blade.

it really is my favorite weapon mod for skyrim (since the sword is so damn beutifull)

and the no blood glitch really kills the immersion."

is it possible to add them? in a easy way..

It's doable, but unfortunately not "easy". Depends on how skilled you are with 3D modeling for Skyrim.

What you would have to do:

1. Export the original weapon mesh to a 3D modeling program e.g. 3DS Max (very expensive, if you can't get a students' licence) or Blender (free).

2. Create a "blood mesh" from the original weapon mesh and a fitting UV map. "Blood meshes" are made from the complete weapon mesh. You delete everything you don't want to be covered in blood (e.g. the hilt) and resize the mesh to be a tiny bit larger than the actual weapon mesh to avoid clipping / blood not showing correctly.

3- re-export the "blood mesh" to .nif format (can be tricky, depending on what software you use)

4. re-assemble the original .nif of the weapon in Nifskope (again, requires some knowledge)

As you see: It can be done, but it's not exactly easy....