Big Head Ugly Kids - Remodel/Retex

exploiteddna

hey there guys and gals.. plainly put, skyrim kids are terrible looking, especially the females.

first off, i mean no offense to any mentally disabled individuals. However, they do look similar to some disabled adults ive seen before with the same body size as a kid, a large head, and oddly shaped..

i guess the boys dont look too bad, but the girls need some serious work.. they just look creepy in my opinion

http://images.uesp.net/0/07/SR-npc-Mila_Valentia.jpg

I know how to retexture pretty much anything except for skin/face/body and i dont know my way around 3dsmax or blender enough yet to try and remodel. I may be able to add in a few details (like brush up the brow) on the texture character/malechild/humanhead.dds but thats about it.

So, are there any experienced modelers and/or texture artists who would be willing to do this for me? I would even package up the files for release and anything else i could do to help. Please let me know. Thanks

http://images.uesp.net/thumb/1/17/SR-npc-Lars_Battle-Born.jpg/600px-SR-npc-Lars_Battle-Born.jpg

Good luck to you man. I'm sure this would be a great mod, I desperately wish for this to happen, right now the vanilla kids looks ugly as hell.

I'd help, but my CK kit is broken since Dragonborn DLC update, so I'm just going to wait it out, but for now, I'll try my best to help you verbally.

This is something that really needs to be done. Skyrim's children are all creepy clones with badly proportioned faces. There's a few improvements out there, but no overhauls that make them really look like kids. I made a quick retex and a tweaked normal map for myself, but it doesn't really help much since the main problem is with the meshes. I've tried editing them in Blender before, but apparently I have no Blender skills whatsoever. I've had it for at least a year now, and I still haven't been able to really figure out how it works. :I

Anyways, I'd be willing to give it another shot, but if you can find someone else to do the meshes that would be great.

well im glad to see im not the only one out there.. yeah the kids are really terrible.. when i first got the game i remember i wasnt even sure if thats what they were supposed to be.. theyre like midgets.. er, "little people"

i can open nif files in nifscope and 3dsmax and ive played with 3dsmax for maybe ten hours, tops.. thats about it for me when it comes to meshes. i was thinking about maybe taking one the better looking heads from some of the popular mods and maybe just scaling it down.. but after a little searching it doesnt seem like its as easy as scaling a 2d texture in photoshop

Edited by michaelrw

This is something that really needs to be done. Skyrim's children are all creepy clones with badly proportioned faces. There's a few improvements out there, but no overhauls that make them really look like kids. I made a quick retex and a tweaked normal map for myself, but it doesn't really help much since the main problem is with the meshes. I've tried editing them in Blender before, but apparently I have no Blender skills whatsoever. I've had it for at least a year now, and I still haven't been able to really figure out how it works. :I

Anyways, I'd be willing to give it another shot, but if you can find someone else to do the meshes that would be great.

wow i just found what youre talking about..

in all honesty this is something i was kinda hesitant about before i even made the post.. i dont want someone thinking im a pedophile or something lol.. if the kids werent so darned ugly and odd looking i would just let it slide. Anyways, it seems ironic that i found the mod on L. Lab, same place that hosts the sex mods lols. But there was a huge disclaimer on there about how this mod does not contain any nudity or any other foul content, and that the mod should not be used for such things.

so i just grabbed it .. gonna go install it now.

thanks for the suggestion buddy

wonder why the nexus wont host it? maybe the pedophile thing...

edit: its not actually hosted on L. Lab, but is linked to from their forums

Edited by michaelrw

that children mod looks great too bad its not on the nexus

i know. i think maybe if they changed the name... the x kinda has a negative connotation to it in my opinion.. kiinda like "x" as in "x-rated" i dunno.. sounds silly i know, but it may be .. "x" and "children" shouldnt go together imo.. even if intentions are good.

who knows though. i could be way off