Dremora Companion Won't Wear Anything

NeverwinterPinata

I have recently created a (male) Dremora companion for Skyrim. Everything works fine except that he refuses to where armor and clothing. (He will equip any weapon I give him, however.) Is there any way to get him to wear the stuff I give him? Any help will be appreciated. I don't want to release him this way...

Dremora don't normally use the same armor and clothing as other races with the exception of Daedric armor. Have you fixed this in the CK yet? If you haven't, the easiest way to fix this for almost any armor and clothing is to change the Armor Race for Dremora to DefaultRace. If you've already done that, then I have no idea.

Dremora don't normally use the same armor and clothing as other races with the exception of Daedric armor. Have you fixed this in the CK yet? If you haven't, the easiest way to fix this for almost any armor and clothing is to change the Armor Race for Dremora to DefaultRace. If you've already done that, then I have no idea.

Wouldn't that require me to modify the Dremora race? If so, wouldn't that create incompatibilities (spelling?) with other mods that modify the race?

Edit 1: By the way, I just tried what you said. Although he now wears the armor I give him, he no longer turns his head for anything. He won't even turn around to face the PC when talking to him from behind. Any idea how to fix this?

Edit 2: I might have figured it out, though I have yet to test it. Apparently, there's a head track animation check box in the race window. For the Dark Elf race, at least, that box is ticked. For the Dremora race, however, it is not. I will update this post again with the results.

Edit 3: It worked! Ticking the box now allows him to turn his head. Thank you very much for your help, ShimoOkami! I will be sure to place you in the credits when I release the mod. :-).

General Edit: corrected a typo.

Glad I could help, but there's no need to credit me. ^_^;

If you want to remove any incompatibility issues you can just create a duplicate of the Dremora race with the Armor Race change and assign your companion to that instead.