NexOmnis

I have a Vision. a Vision of sheer greatness that gamers of all types will be sure to love. there is only One major problem; ME, I don't have the knowledge or skills to breath life into this Vision. I am in need of a true Hero, a Champion, a Savior, a Master of Fate herself.

My Dream is to relocate the falkreath stormcloak camp to helgan. Have them rebuild and guard it. Purchase and clear the land of Orphan Rock. build a small mining camp and watch it grow with the player not only with its size but features as well. let the settlement grow from a small mining camp to a full fledged castle and town worthy of not only holding the moot for the next high king of Skyrim, but also being the new seat of POWER. Just think of this: Ulfric is a traitor (proof is in the journals of the thalmor embassy), and Elisif is an easily manipulated child. But the player is neither a racist nor do they support religious suppression or superiority, and Oh Yeah they are THE DRAGONBORN B!T*H. :armscrossed:. Just like Tiber Septim, the first Emperor of Tamriel. If one plays their cards right, there is no reason why a being born with true power and ability, could not stand at the top as a pinnacle existence to others in the lands of Skyrim or all of Tamriel for that matter.

Now if Orphan Rock will become a location of a full playthrough player home, what use will said player have with the homes forced on to them via vanilla and/ or DLC? Answer, NONE at all. this brings me to my next aspect of the Grand Vision. Repurpose all Bethesda homes into stores and or hostels for the traveling player/ NPC's. Why waist time going from town to town trying to sell all unwanted items when a mercantile network can be established to sell, trade and purchase via order request forms on the players behalf. this adds Immersion and generates a constant and stable income base almost as if a true land and property owner of Skyrim. "It just Works" Todd Howard.

Speaking of DLC's, Which DLC can easily be seen as the Largest Bethesda DLC FAILER for Skyrim? Did you say, Heathfire? If so, have a brownie, because that DLC was not just s*** but pure nuclear waist. Now yes the main issue of Hearthfire homes will be addressed with the redesign and repurposing of ALL Bethesda player homes, but what about all those random lonely helpless NCP kids Bethesda left abandoned and freezing to death? We cant "adopt" them all. Why not just recruit them and train them like a true leader of the people would. they wont be your kids but rather your Students. Now once they Grow Up, assign them missions or quest to complete for you, keep them around as hired guards, send them on their way to a renown guild, or turn them loose with the knowledge and ability to live their own life as they see fit.

Now this is but a SMALL taste of the numerous ideas i have for this ONE mod. If you are interested in helping me bring this Dream to Reality, please reach out to me " NexOmnis " via Nexus or Steam so that we might honor both Vaermina and Clavicus Vile in striking a deal to manifest a true nightmare {for Bethesda and setting of STANDARDS! } :devil: :laugh: :laugh:

P.S. my biggest pet peeve- Skyrim dragons are not DRAGONS, they are WYVERNS! This travesty must be corrected by any means no matter the sacrifice!!

Accuracy, Immersion, and Lore- Always.

Edited by NexOmnis

• 2 weeks later...

:sad: Well I've received no message nor reply of any kind as of yet... so I'll just take this opportunity to add to my original thought in the hopes that a conversation might be sparked with someone (anyone :wink:)

If you have a castle you need an adviser, so how about this:

A Gray Beard who was cast out of High Hrothgar for his personal beliefs and drive for forbidden knowledge. he believes a Dragonborn is revealed do to a mix of chance, circumstance, fate and destiny set forth by the gods. if a being's fate ends up leading them to a throne it will be do to the same rules. If a Dragonborn is lead to a throne then there can be no doubt in the destiny of events. Where it is the Blades duty to protect, it is the Gray Beards duty to advise.

As for the drive for forbidden knowledge, lets just say that the player finds out that this adviser once stole a tome of forbidden knowledge from the daedric prince Hermaeuse Mora then used an elder scroll to conceal himself from the eyes and machinations of aedra and daedra alike. the elder scroll used was the counter part to the elder scroll used by the Gray Fox 200 years ago in anvil to rewrite history itself. This information will present its self later on down the road when he goes about explaining the true extent and abilities of a fully realized Dragonborn. He is also able to translate and/ or forge "Anska's sealed scroll" to be used for display in castle/ museum and/ or used during The Moot.

The Moot votes for you- must have/ do check list

• Castel fully built (museum does not NEED to be used but will help improve chances with each item on display)
  • Thane of all holds
  • civil war concluded
  • main story line concluded
  • High positive reputation throughout all Skyrim (reputation point system added to game)
  • be able to present a token (historical relic) to prove your worth- if items are displayed throughout castle/ museum, player can simply say "Just look around yourself and pick one" for a sarcastic reply and major "point boost"
  • be able to pass a speech check to negate (negative points) bad reputation, crime history and affiliations {thieves guild and dark brotherhood}

The Moot Votes for You- post check list events

• 3 way Debate between Ulfric, Elisif and player (if parties are still alive)
  • present proof of "Incompetence" and/ or "Treason"
  • if unable to get high enough marks at end of debate, Ulfric will demand a right to rule dual as per Nordic traditions (Shouts not allowed) and/ or player may be forced to marry opposing party (and be treated as submissive spouse)
    • Dual- no proxy will fight for him, Galmar will demand his head (if proof of treason is presented)
  • if score is high enough at the end of debate, player may openly choose marriage (and be treated as dominate spouse) and/ or let Ulfric have his dual with you or Galmar as your proxy (if proof of treason is presented)

By the way, just throwing this out there, (not that I support it or anything like that) this game is all about the feel of Nordic culture so why is polygamy not a thing? to stay true to culture and traditions for immersion's sake, the more power and influence the player gains the more likely they with have multiple spouses'

if no new posts are made within another 15 days I shall add more ideas until someone has something to add, negative or positive. remember my true goal is to have a discussion about this IDEA not for me to say this is what I want this is how it needs to be now do it. that's not what I'm try to accomplish so please don't be afraid to reach out and voice you opinion, thank you. :cool:

• 1 month later...

There is a mod to enable child followers. That plus "My home is your home" will let us shelter all needy children except (alas) Avetino due to a bug. I have installed the "fighting version" but have not so far gotten the children to fight with me-- they just run away, so it's not perfect, but at least these two mods in combination are more flexible and interesting than just adopting the children. Even the multiple adoption mod is more limited.

Those points are all great, and to be honest, sources of inspiration for the idea. however as you stated its not ideal and comes this draw backs such as bigger load orders and added glitches. plus the main point of the idea was not to enact child labor, child war fare, or expand the over all number of mindless drones you can have following you at one time. think more along the lines of the mods: Dragons Keep and School of Knowledge and Youth. the kids don't become followers but rather learn life skills from your "School" then grow up and become a boon to you and your "kingdom". you train them or provide for their training because the Mc is but one person and could never solve all of Skyrim's problems by themselves (realistically).