Need help with a mesh edit of Vampire Lord eyes

KatonRyu

The following post has been copied directly from a thread I created on the skyrimmods Reddit. I'm posting the question here as well because the subreddit is rather active and I doubt my post there will be seen by many people if it's pushed all the way down. I wasn't sure whether to post this question here or in the Skyrim Special Edition Creation Kit and Modders section, so if it's in the wrong place, sorry. Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

I want my Vampire Lord form to have red eyes as well, like this. This picture comes from an Oldrim mod called 'red eyes for Grimoa's Vampire Lord', and looked quite a lot like a mod I used to have on Oldrim, which has since been deleted and which I sadly don't seem to have anymore, so I figured I'd take that mesh, run it through NifOpt, and go with that. Sadly, other than giving me bat wings the mod did nothing, and when I opened the nif in NifSkope I saw that indeed no changes had been made to the eyes.

I reverted the change, extracted the default Vampire Lord mesh, and made the following edits:
In BSLightingShaderProperty
In BSShaderTextureSet

The texture I'm using for the eye can be seen here. I also use it for my human vampire eyes, which now work correctly. In game, however, my Vampire Lord eyes look like this, and that's with an Emissive Multiple of 4 to make the effect clearer to see, the normal value (at least the one in my regular humanoid eyes) is 1.72. I've experimented with using different eye textures, but all give the same result, leading me to believe the texture isn't loaded in at all. Messing with the shader flags just seems to remove the eyes altogether.

I suspect that I've made some kind of mistake in setting the shader flags, but I don't really know what any of them do, and the most detailed explanation I could find (this one, for those interested) didn't really tell me much more (or I just missed it altogether).

If anyone can offer me any assistance as to how to do this properly, I'd be very grateful.

Since I'm working with a loose file that I've extracted from Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa directly, I highly doubt my mod order really matters in this, but since I've been known to be wrong a lot:
My load order is here
Skyrim.ini here
SkyrimPrefs.ini here