Skyrim Crashes Upon Loading Saved Games

adamb0mber

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having CTD after I load the newly created modded saves, and I solved the issue by enabling and disabling plugins and experimenting around.

The issue was gone after I removed "Immersive Citizens - Skyrim AI Overhaul" mod. Turns out it was incompatible with another one of my mods, "Holds - the city overhaul" since it alters the way NPCs move.

If anyone else had done everything and couldn't find the solution to CTD on a new save, and have these mod installed, try removing it.

Edited by Hayan76

• 1 month later...

I found a fix for my ctd on save games. There is an SKSE file that is saved along with the save game file. In your My documents/my games/skyrim special edition/saves/rk6UJL2k7. I delete the SKSE file that is associated with the save game I'm trying to load and it starts just fine. Then you have to save over it often, then rinse and repeat. I'm not sure what is causing the writing of the file, but I know deleting it works.

Update: from another thread, they suggested deleting the skee64.dll, which does work, but it causes a few plug-ins not to work anymore. XMPSE being one of them.

• 2 years later...

i have a problem where when ever i open up certian saves it goes to the load screen for a seccond then crashes. i can still start new games and and load my REALLY REALLY old save but that is all. i have no idea what to do. i have already tried most of the tings already on this but i still have the same problem